Spoke Lengths & Wheel Builds

Otacon

I have a serious headache. I have this hub, Its just a fixed hub, with a freewheel on. Nobody knows what this hub is, its dimensions, measurements, anything. So whenever im trying to get spoke lengths, its impossiable. Every wheelbuilding website i go on ses differently on how measure your hub and also how to measure the ERD of your rim. Whenever ive worked out spoke lengths, im getting a figure around 305mm, that seems mega long to me tbf. 26" rear wheel btw.

Help ?

Gonna ask Tarty at this rate if i can just send the hub and rim to them and if they could work out the spoke lengths and build the wheel for me !!!

at the end you need only the hub flanges hole circle diameter and the rims inner diameter from valve hole to opposite side,plus 2x wall thickness of the rim and i could tell you...

...or adam,of course.

Edited by FamilyBiker

Happy to build it if you like, but know some people like to do their own :)

If you fire us a pic of the rim and the hub, we can work out and email back the lengths no problem.

Come on the Adam lets test your knowledge :P No pic of the rim, but its an Alex DX32.

HUB: 32 Hole, Fixed Hub

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

I was gonna guess 264 or 266 so that sounds good to me :) if you still want a calculation doing just shout...

Nah its cool man, reckon thats dead on :) How could you do it with just looking at the hub though ? :S

How could you do it with just looking at the hub though ? :S

Built so many wheels, 'normal' dishless rear hubs with ~45mm flange and an ERD of this value (548-550 depending on if it's eyeletted or not) are usually 266, then larger flange means a slightly shorter spoke (Y)

• Like 1