new steed

UK_SPAWN

• 3 weeks later...

Well it was advertised at 800 but ended u paying 780 cuz needed new front pads.

Iv had a few rides now as trials steed is broken (rear axle), and its good to own a different style of bike as well as a trials bike, can feel myself getting fitter carting around 25kg with only a 44th front chainring.. its very plush but a bit hard fir me, im going to leave it though because it gives me room for droping into relativley big things. Pedaling around is hard work but going down is very comfortable and confidence inspiring.

Over all I'm very happy with it and it hasnt needed much doing to it except brake setup, new fork oil and a good clean/lube.

Post some pics shortly.

Cheers and keep a lookout on pinkbike for a bargain.

You know the linkage plates on the swingarm are on upside down, don't you? It won't be by much, but that will affect how the suspension reacts as it has changed the travel path for the swingarm. You may also find it raises the bb up a touch and adds a little more travel.

Here's the official kona pic for your model. Its the two brace bars mounted either side of the seattube that connect to the top of the shock.

p3pb1636328.jpg

Not trying to be rude, but if it alters the shock path too much you may end up walking it home looking a little more like this!

p4pb2272507.jpg

• Like 1