help :/

Daffy-Duck

I watched a video you posted here a while ago and you didn't look very comfortable on the back wheel. You looked like you were trying to do each drop/ gap as quickly as possible to prevent the front from dropping. I used to be exactly the same and one of my friends who is newer to trials still is. Try practicing your balance on the back wheel. Practice pausing slightly between hops on the back wheel and gently lowering the front wheel by shifting your weight back. You can do this on the flat but the same technique comes in when doing pedal ups and drops.

It will come with practice.

How tall are you? I assume you bought your bike as a full build so have just ridden it as it came??

172cm tall, got it second hand, only put new tyres, grips and chain on it. i dont want to spend too much on it because im not planing on keeping for to much longer.

How do you feel when you're just balancing on 2 wheels on it? I agree with what everyone has said about practicing more on the back wheel so you feel comfortable but small changes like a shorter stem might help. I know I can sit on the back wheel of my bike easily without hopping or moving but can really struggle to keep the front end up on other peoples bikes who run different bar stem combos.

i spose i feel hunched over the front, like all my body weight is up nearer the front rather than balanced, i can say right now that i am a little up tight when i try to get up on the back. but ive just got no confidence in the back brake because its always sliping :/ it hardly ever locks.

My first bit of advice then is to sort the rear brake, get some new pads for it, make sure it's using the whole disc as the pics you posted look like the pads are hitting about 60-70% of the rotor and get a decent cable like a linear slick.

After that I personally would get a shorter stem than the 180mm you've got fitted currently and go from there, some higher rise bars would help but again that's money you might not want to spend yet (though a stem and bars could be swapped across to a new bike as and when you upgrade!)

• Like 1

Your disc should be fine if you give it a good clean with some washing up liquid, a quick rub over with some fine sandpaper then make sure you bed the pads in properly. I've never been a fan of a cable disc on the rear but with a linear slick cable it should avoid any cable stretch and feel a lot better!

• Like 1