Arcade frame kit built up

monkeyseemonkeydo

Hmm. Tartybikes' site shows the standard 10mm bolt in axle as part HUB236 which they state as being incompatible with the EVO hubs... IRconfused.

There's a different sizing under the freehub body for the two different bearing types ('standard' ball race and needle bearing), which is where the difference lies. And the end caps are different too as there's a circlip inside the freehub on the needle bearing version (EVO) which prevents 'standard' end caps from fitting. They may even be a different bore too.

As Matt says, Hope haven't got a f**king clue with stuff like this. You really struggle to find anyone on the phone who can help with anything mildly technical any more, it's really frustrating. The amount of times we've done exactly as Hope suggested to Dave and we've got stuff sent incorrectly is baffling...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, in your professional opinion, Ads, what the hell do we actually need?! Is the Hope site wrong then- the HUB236 kit is definitely not what we'd need? Think I'll just stick with my tube bodge!

Bit of a bump, but, after some detective work this is what I've been able to come up with... http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/hub_spares/hope_pro_2_trials_axle/c22p10778.html

Only time will tell if it's right. We'll probably get what we think is HUB236 in a packed labelled HUB218 next time we order from Hope, to screw stuff up again :giggle:

Bit of a bump, but, after some detective work this is what I've been able to come up with... http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/hub_spares/hope_pro_2_trials_axle/c22p10778.html

Only time will tell if it's right. We'll probably get what we think is HUB236 in a packed labelled HUB218 next time we order from Hope, to screw stuff up again :giggle:

Ah awesome, thanks for the update. I might be in need of one of those later in the year.

I take it until this point no one with an Evo hub has had any issues and needed a new axle...pretty good going if so.