Fork Oil Questions

Joshm1991

Hey guys!

I've got my hands on some cheap second hand Marzocchi Bomber 140mm travel air adjust forks (estimated 2009 model, black legs, black stantions, anodised red lock out lever, 15mm bolt through) for a new bike I'm building but they are a bit gash and a bit old and they don't feel as nice as I reckon they could be.. I'd upload a photo if I could but it'd either be huge or terrible quality! ;)

I'm wanting to change the oil in them and maybe have a look into servicing them, but I've never taken forks apart before and don't really know the deal with servicing them.

What I'm wanting to know is how to drain the oil out and how difficult it is to strip them further if I'm feeling keen!

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Joosh

every single marzocchi fork uses 7.5wt fork oil.

to only change the oil just unscrew the topcap at the spring side first,take the spring out.(or the air spring pistons if an air fork)

pump the oil out while holding the forks upside down,measure the amount of oil that came out.

do the same with the damper side(notice that in many cases you cant remove the topcap completely on the damper side,due to the "cap" being attached to the dampers piston rod.

add 2-5ml each side when refilling it,for the oil you lost during emptying

but yeah,for a complete stripdown youll need to know the model.

i´d guess its a 44 TST2 (or LO).2009 or so

edit:should look something like that inside:

http://www.mountainbikes.net/mtbikes/marzocchisk44microti140mm2010_b.png

and to service that fork shouldnt be much different to this:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Tech-Tuesday-Change-the-Seals-and-Fluid-of-Your-Marzocchi-44-For.html

Edited by FamilyBiker