New powers for PCSO's on cyclists

Rusevelt

Police Community Support Officers/PCSO, may soon have new powers to fine cyclists for not having lights or reflectors on bicycles under the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill.

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/pcsos-soon-able-to-fine-cyclists-without-lights-and-reflectors/015786

5b3294af5f3550ecfb232ff821e3edf9.jpg

It is bad enough that we can fined for ride creativity on our urban streets.

Edited by Rusevelt

i agree with this entirely. i have a 20 mile commute on weekends and i'm lit up like a christmas tree, when i see anyone else out on my route i have to resist giving them and earful about not being visible. last night i saw i chap riding the wrong way on a dual carriageway with no lights. i wanted to call the police it was that bad haha.

However the pedal reflector thing strikes me as silly, as alot of premium flats and most cleats don't accomodate for them, and the fact that reflectors aren't as effective or useful as most people think. i wonder if having reflective material on shoes would count in place?