Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Onza Man 88

BMX help sorry it's not trials

5 posts in this topic

Hello people

Again sorry it's not trials but I need some advise. I have a 2011 mongoose chamber and it badly needs a new 3 piece crank but will any 3 piece fit this bike I think it will but didn't want to spend £80 or more on an new one if it doesn't fit.

Also can anyone recommend a 3 piece crank my budget is about £60 to £80 maybe a little more.

Critical things with BMX are the BB type and axle diameter. If your BB is still ok you'll just need to get cranks to suit the BB bearings (usually 19mm or 22mm though you can get shims to accept 19mm cranks in 22mm bearings). If you need a whole set including BB then you need to get the right type of BB for the frame though it looks like it may be a mid BB which is nice and straight forward.

Thanks for you advise much appreciated. The BB is fine nothing wrong with it at all ( but I will check it again ) so I will measure the axle etc and go from there. It was a lovely bike to ride even with stock parts but it needs refreshing and my own touch to it.

Salt plus are decent cranks, within your price range if you shop around.

Thanks for your advise Lord Banks I found these

Salt Plus Metron 48 3-Piece Crank on www.winstanleysbmx.com will think about getting this one.