Close

trialsalot

Right,

I assume that everytime I put a members ride thing up you guys either hate natural or its just too little notice. if you didn't know the places I ride are completely tidal. This makes it realy difficult to guess when tides are working and trying to coincide this with weather. The upside is 1 cubic metre of water weighs 1 metric ton...this means it changes everytime the tide comes in!

I managed to get a 2014 Tide Chart so worked out that on Saturday 19th April the tide is perfect to ride.

So..heres my invitation to all. Come and have a crack at my local spot. If enough people come along I may be able to speak to the campsite located less than 200m away and see if we can pitch some tents up. Theres a pub 100m up the hill and us lot in Northumberland do a fine ale!

I could even set up some sections before hand if I catch the tide early on and you're all sleeping in your tents or we'll just have a nice chilled session.

"Secrets" is this place----> http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/186391-first-proper-video-in-a-while/

To give you guys a rough idea of distance my home postcode is NE27 0DR. "secrets" is no more than 2 miles away from this.

Everyones welcome so please pass this on

Craig

Edited by trialsalot

• 2 weeks later...

My arms not up to scratch at the minute like, torn all the ligaments from me elbow (fancy way of saying tennis elbow). But yeah, I’ll be up for session.

It looks really good down St Marys Lighthouse area, I'm down there a bit with the dog and I'm always picking out little sections in my head. I'm pretty much at the beginners stage like, so much so I'm still running cable brakes :-/

(plus - sorry if it seems like I pop up and then disappear again, its because i only have access to this forum at work so I have to pick me moments when I view it, luckily all the gaffers are in a meeting at the minute)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah its a hike for you dude. To be fair interest has been pretty poor. Naturals not for everyone and I'm on the other side of the country for most. The ride will still be on but in a couple days the topic will be shut down. There's a few people interested who will be coming and a huge diverse skill set. Thanks to the nature of the spot you can be an absolute beginner and still ride there or a pro and have a challenge. (I'm sure some of the lads from Tarty will agree).

So far dependant on when/if people are doing demos there'll be Prattley,Alec Wray,Adam Baxter,possibly Brett Penfold,I've asked Danny Butler too and also mostly everyone from the "barn" too have been asked. Pretty much any rider on my friends list on facebook has been asked.

So,anyone free on the 19th April is more than welcome. Dependant on the finishing time a ride maybe possible on the evening too also. One thing to bear in mind is this spot isn't big square slabs of rock like higgor tor or Shipley. Run ups are scarce to non existent.

Also with regards to camping I had spoken to the campsite at the top of the spot but unfortunately they could not hold any spaces for me she to it being Easter and everyone wants to lob their caravan or motorhome in there. So for some it will be a day of riding rather than a weekend or ride the following day at the same time but in a new place just up the coast.

So yeah, I'll mark the date in my diary and see what happens I guess.

Cheers to anyone who's shown interest or read the topic.

Craig