Help with build, bb and crank

shinydog

Hi guys, i just lost my drivers licence, so i have been trying to build a trial bike to get from A to B. i have put sram xo rear derailleur, cassette and shifter on it so far, but the cranks i cant get to fit :( I have sram cranks, the ones With widest axle to try build something, but im stuck With the bearings and making some desent spacers for it. il post Picture if i manage to make this New thread.

Ok, its a because simple street, the sram crank is wide enoug to fit the frame, i have opened a gpx bb to extract the bearing. the bearing inner size is different on the two bearings, One goes over the axle and other one does not, the other only goes over the first part and that bearings inner size is the same as the bearings tha comes With the isis bb. I need one ore two bearings that goes over the axle and two 1cm wide spacers, i can make the spacers but dont know where to find the bearings so im stuck. maybe buy another gpx bb but so expencive 80 pounds local

post-36782-0-20725400-1395624626_thumb.j

post-36782-0-01942000-1395624629_thumb.j

post-36782-0-18756500-1395624633_thumb.j

post-36782-0-64568300-1395624638_thumb.j

post-36782-0-85582600-1395624640_thumb.j

Edited by shinydog

You have a crank with a 24mm/23mm axle and are trying to fit it to what type bb on that frame? Is it a echo style spanish bb.

you may be better trying to find some isis cranks and using the echo/because bb.

Edited by dezmtber

yes 24mm, its a echo style Spanish bb yes. the inner Dimension of the bearings that came With frame dont work. i have ordered some 24x37x7mm bearings, when i get them i will do a final measure to make spacers.

I have the 128mm wide isis bb, according to admin @ tartybikes, this was the widest bb he knew about and could only recommend me using Maximum 18t, so im experimenting. will probarly just ruin everything but i want to try. its the two speed sram cranks

You know about any isis crank to fit my purpose?

Thanks

Just about any old isis raceface, fsa, truvative cranks of any old mountain bike.

they work fine on the 128 trials isis bb.

i know that raceface cranks have the same sort of offset that echo cranks have and will fit direcly to the original echo bb you have.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?kw=raceface+isis&isNewKw=1&pgn=1&epp=24&=&=&mfs=SBCLK&acimp=0&sqp=raceface+isis&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xraceface+isis

any of these

You sure? sounds to easy, i actually have a pair of older red race face cranks laying around in my workshop, not sure if they are isis but i sure hope so :)

According to tartybikes there was no solution, i dont really expect any isis to work, i found that the hollowtech came With a longer axle, theese sram cranks i have are specified to work With a 89.5mm wide botton bracket, frame is 68mm. i dont know, maybe what im doing is stupid, but i am at least trying :) bike is in parts anyways :)

Thanks

I'm running race face turbines on my marino with what I'd assume is a 128 bb, no clearance issues here :)

Edit: Just realised that you want to run a large chainring, not sure If that'd still work, only one way to find out though! ;)

Edited by err

Yeah Yeah, keep Your pants on :) sometimes i wish i live in the uk, but sometimes i dont, big lack of trials riders in norway, but no lack of blondes ;) haha

dude, I live in Northern Ireland

Basically we lack both

You can get adapter plates that sit between the bb and frame, but for trials you'll probably wreck it, due to forces that are being put through it. If your bike has a Spanish bb, just get an echo Spanish bb off tartys. Loads less hassle and it's the right fitment for your frame

Thats what i have been told every time and is what i have, but With only 18t spocket :) i did not want a mtb frame geo and was told by tarty that this was the only solution for the frame so i went for it, but i want to try to get more gears :) doesnt matter if i ruin anything, frame was cheap :) Any ideas?

Thanks