Disc Protectors

CalRobbo341

So seeing as I bought a pair of disc brakes (eventually, like seriously man!) I decided to work through my lunch break at work and make a disc protector for the back end.

Went straight to tarty's site and did a quick sketch up (thank you snapchat for being my drawing pad during late night thoughts) of what I wanted, did a drawing on cardboard (thanks to my empty cereal box from the morning), cut the cardboard and then cut some stainless sheet and drilled it!

It looks okay and has a tad bit of flex in it and its only a guard, not a sort of aid, so I guess it's be meant to flex a little bit to allow for impact?

I was just curious if it would be worth making one for the front? I seen there's a question on the site asking if it can be done, but i've never seen it done so just curious and not sure if I would be likely to bash it.

Some pictures if you want them.

post-30770-0-65611000-1396376467_thumb.p

post-30770-0-90151300-1396380856_thumb.j

Looks smart, nice one. I too have wondered why it's not run on the front either, maybe because if it's being used to protect the disc from sidehops, it's usually the back end that slips down rather than the front.

It looks okay and has a tad bit of flex in it and its only a guard, not a sort of aid, so I guess it's be meant to flex a little bit to allow for impact?

I R confused.

You made it right? It's your design.. You tell us what it's meant to do!
I'd argue that the flex will be it's downfall...

typically, i have zero confidence side hopping with brakes, i can't do anything close to what i could without brakes like, jut practice i suppose.

managed to snap my rear axle earlier too, so ride came to an early end. might invest in a chorillas one, if i feel i need one.