Strong single wall rims

ericbenjaminjr

I'm looking to build up a set of new wheels and wanted to ask around about your best experiences with single walls. I've already decided on trialtech sport lite hubs. The rear has a nice wide flange for good stiffness. As of now I'm contemplating bonz or trialtech trims. I know they're not going to be as strong as double walls but whats the best I can do with singles?

Edited by iTrialer

Oxymoron init?

Indeed! I'm also looking into double wall rims but theres not much to compare there. I have an excel chart comparing weight and prices. Ironically, the trialtech single and double walls are just 77g difference. The bonz are 177g lighter than trialtech double wall. So far doubles are winning.

Go for the Trialtechs

I've heard allot of good things about the trialtech single walls. I forgot to mention rockman rims which I hear are just as good?

So far what ever I do will be better lighter than my super heavy echo TRs with 2mm spokes and brass nipples.

I just recently went single walled(on 26). I opted for trialtech rims.

In all honesty, Its held up very well so far. Ive given it a fair beating and it has buckled quite badly etc. But just true them out and its good to go.

So far it has not flatspotted either which is good.

Baring in mind that i managed to flatspot a 20" Echo 07/Tr rim before it had been ground. I would say Trialtech is a good safe point between light and strong