26"...20" bike stem?

AlexClare94

Always thought that because of me being 6ft 4 that it would make more sense to have a higher rise up front e.g with a taller more uprise on the stem... I've ridden 20" bikes most of my riding days and never could find a decent setup for comfort at my height, going for a 26" GU custom build and debating putting a longer stem to try find comfort? Any tall riders with any suggestions for a high set up?

Yeah thinking of going for the Rockman Forged 150 x 30

I tried one on tartydays just for backwheel hops, and dude, it was stable, comfortable and nice... I was thinking about getting a stock :/

Going from a mod to stock was and still is the best decision I've made with biking

i ride a rockman radix with a 127 x 30 because othewise it's way to long for me and i 6 ft2/3

i rode an echo pure with the same stem felt nice too, i run 23mm stackers as well (on both

it's totally personal preferance, but it may be woth buying this other stem but keep the other to compare.

i ride a rockman radix with a 127 x 30 because othewise it's way to long for me and i 6 ft2/3

i rode an echo pure with the same stem felt nice too, i run 23mm stackers as well (on both

it's totally personal preferance, but it may be woth buying this other stem but keep the other to compare.

Yeah I've had stackers on my 20" bikes and they did make it feel higher front end, may be worth spending a few more quid and getting some spacers to trial and error it :)

Cheers Alex

why not try high rise bars? so you can adjust it to be higher or lower

Cheers dude but never really liked the feel of the high risers

My mate tom (tdubz) on here runs a trialtech 180x35 on his 2013 gu 26" with try all low rise bars and it rides amazing

Bloody hell 180mm!! That's mental haha and yeah gunna be getting them try all carbon bars they seem pretty sweet to ride

I'm riding a limey 4, got a 127x27 on there now. Feels far better than my 150x30

How tall are you? Cause like I've ridden 20" bikes that feel comfortable and I've ridden 26" bikes that feel small, and I'm like 6ft 4 and I find it hard to get a tall setup for my type of build..hence why I'm going for the taller stem, cause I can't be arsed with damaging my back any more than it already is haha

How tall are you? Cause like I've ridden 20" bikes that feel comfortable and I've ridden 26" bikes that feel small, and I'm like 6ft 4 and I find it hard to get a tall setup for my type of build..hence why I'm going for the taller stem, cause I can't be arsed with damaging my back any more than it already is haha

Im 6ft4, hence the reason i run a larger stem, still feels great and as you said; it saves my back.

5 10 :) I think more people need to think about trials bikes actually fitting your size not just what everyone else runs.

Eg pretty much every modern bike runs a 150 30 stem..... 6 6" downwards, 20-26". There's no way this can be the ideal for everyone ?!

Just think about the difference in cockpit length on a mountain bike between small and large .