Talk to your future self about the future

Greetings

Just came back from Interstellar. The only good thing about that film was that it gave me an idea.

My dad frequently talks about how amazing modern technology is. This is a man who still remembers gramophones which had acoustic amplifiers and he's living in an age where you're always 1 minute away from pretty much any knowledge humanity has acquired so long as you have your mobile on you.

This got me thinking. Imagine how much fun and how interesting it would be if you - aged 70 for example - could watch a video in which you aged 20 answer questions about what the future will look like in 50 years. The questions are whatever you want them to be. For instance, 50 years from now:

- What will communications look like

- What will medicine be like

- Will we still use mobile phones, and if so what will they look like

- Will we still have motorcars

- Will there be a war

- Nanites / nanotechnology

- What will politics be like, will there still be a president / pm, ministers or a completely different system

- Will space tourism be available

- Will we have landed on Mars, or maybe even colonized it

- etc.

Obviously this would only work if you have some basic interest or understanding in the fields you're talking about. It's not about guessing, it's about making a calculated prognosis based on your knowledge.

In order not to lose the recording, you burn it onto a Blu-Ray or DVD (still not sure about this) and frame it in a decorative fashion like used for certification in the music industry, then hang it on the wall. That way there is very little chance you will lose the video and hopefully you will still be able to play optical discs in the future.

Any ideas?