TrialTech Disk Hub Issue

HarryBradbury

Got a TrialTech disk hub stock on my inspired element, found that if I have the bolts done up tightly (as they should be), it prevents the wheel spinning for more than 5 seconds or so. The bearings are fine and if the wheel is loose the hub will spin nicely, anyone else had this issue?

Edited by HarryBradbury

Had the same with my Trialtech hub. I my case it was that the axle end stops (the ones where the bearings rest on) were too narrow. That is, the inner ring of the bearings, the one that rests on the axle end stop, was pushed too wide into the hub and therefore didn't spin nicely.

I cannot really explain it in better words. Just try moving the axle from left to right when not mounted. If it moves either the bearings aren't pressed in wide enough into the hub shell or it's the problem I've tried to describe. To solve the latter, get some 0.2mm washers and put them on the axle stops. I needed 3x0.2mm on either side to get it fixed.

Edited by niconj

does it have tophat washers on the axle system?

Sounds like they could be erong way round?

I haven't really touched the hub since I got it, so I presume they're the right way round!

Had the same with my Trialtech hub. I my case it was that the axle end stops (the ones where the bearings rest on) were too narrow. That is, the inner ring of the bearings, the one that rests on the axle end stop, was pushed too wide into the hub and therefore didn't spin nicely.

I cannot really explain it in better words. Just try moving the axle from left to right when not mounted. If it moves either the bearings aren't pressed in wide enough into the hub shell or it's the problem I've tried to describe. To solve the latter, get some 0.2mm washers and put them on the axle stops. I needed 3x0.2mm on either side to get it fixed.

Yeah that makes sense, I'll have a play around with mine to see if the washers solve the issue, cheers for the help!