203mm IS to IS mount

Scott Gibbs

Is there even such a thing as a 203 IS to IS adaptor? I know Hope make a +40 for a 200 but it doesn't fit a 203. I ask as I've purchased an old XT 4 pot and want to run a big rotor up front. Ideally I'd love to find an old school 200mm Shimano rotor to match but they're impossible to find.

It seems like it'd probably be a little easier to sacrifice that 3mm and just run a 200mm?  The difference in braking power isn't going to be noticeable, but I'd imagine the stiffness/ease of setup of just bolting a standard +40mm adaptor on there would be more of a benefit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark W said:

You it's It seems like it'd probably be a little easier to sacrifice that 3mm and just run a 200mm?  The difference in braking power isn't going to be noticeable, but I'd imagine the stiffness/ease of setup of just bolting a standard +40mm adaptor on there would be more of a benefit.

It's not really the looks to be honest with you it's just that most rotors seem to be 203mm these days and just thought there would be a 203 adaptor for IS calipers.