Best pads for mono minis?

Julius Czar

Hi all.

I’m running a pair of mono mini’s on my orange and the performance is underwhelming. The pads in them are old and most likely past their best, so what’s the best pads to go for as an upgrade? I know mono minis aren’t the most powerful brakes ever but even a slight improvement will do until I can afford to upgrade the whole setup.

Picture of my five for anyone who’s curious!

AA27D113-A180-4245-BF55-51C45A503AE2.thumb.jpeg.5d30ce6a1247f11f654e4aa2b433104a.jpeg

Thanks.

I have hope organics in my minis (silver 2 part calipers from the previous generation) and they work great, took ages to bed in though as I didn't have a long enough descent to get enough heat into them.  Only use the rear now because...

...I use some barradine sintered pads for the front hope dh4, they bedded in almost immediately and work exceptionally well.  They cost me 2.50 a set of pads because they were new old stock at Tredz.

Using 203 front and 180 rear, I've found that getting the pad material transferred over to the disk is the sweet spot of when they start to work well, ensuring the pads are hitting the disk square and even is also essential.