Canyon Stitched?

Revolver

Sup TF guiz,

I don't have a bike. In Korea, getting a cool bike isn't as easy as in the UK. There are no online trials shops that I know of, no decent online MTB shops that do anything not XC.

With that said, I have manage to find that this bike, Canyon Stitched, is available here.

Apparently they're pretty good value.

I actually really like the look of the 720, dual sus one, but I'd take the hardtail too.

But, are Canyon actually any good? Anyone here ridden one?

--- https://www.canyon.com/en-kr/mountain-bikes/dirt-jump-bikes/stitched/  It's this, by the way

Edited by Revolver

I looked at the Stitched 720 when I was looking for a dirt jump bike but was put off by the singlespeedness. I like the ability to change gear both to make it useful for riding to places but also for gearing at spots (3rd for the pump track, 4th for bigger jumps etc.) so I ended up getting a Polygon Trid ZZ. The full build (not what I got mind you) is bloody good value for what is effectively a cheaper Trek Ticket S and may actually be reasonable for you to get hold of as they're based in Indonesia...

I'm sure a Canyon would be a wicked little machine but single speed just didn't make sense to me.

Edit: Trid https://www.polygonbikes.com/eur/shop/bikes-eur/mountain-eur/trid-zz-2/

Yeah, there is that. I did wonder about potentially fitting a hanger tensioner and being able to mount gears that way.

That said I've ridden single speed most of my MTB life, so it's not a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for the heads up on the Trid though, that's a sound suggestion.

Edit - I checked, and Polygon DO have a dealer here, but the dealer's website only shows Polygon's.... tandems? :S

Presumably I could make a request for them to order it in but they might also decline.

Wack!

Dirt jump bikes are very unusual over here. Most bikes are pro XC bikes ridden by aging dudes going up and down the riverside paths.

Edited by Revolver
  • Like 1

It's weird, isn't it?

Just gotta chalk it up to the different culture I guess. I suppose there hasn't been the moment for Koreans where they spent their teenage years tearing around on their bikes.

The Stitched is still looking like the top choice atm, although a hardtail is another option. I think the Scott Voltage is available here, hmmm.