Street Trials, tubes, tubeless or tube + insert?

Rip

14 minutes ago, Ali C said:

good to hear :)

Yeah 2.2 front and rear...not sure I'd want to go any bigger, they inflate quite large on my 38mm rims

I think my prev set up was just way overkill, I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

spoke to soon on the tubeless though, rear has gone down twice already. I’m hoping some pump track laps tomorrow might seal it :pinch:

8 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Still on the Holy Roller? You'll need a LOT of sealant to seal a non tubeless tyre... like double... and it'll take a few weeks to settle down.

I’m on TR ikons now. I’ve put around 120ml in the rear. But reckon I’ll need nearer 200 given it’s a 48mm rim.

Front has stayed inflated overnight so I’m on the last push I hope.

Edited by DJEHB
  • Like 1

Went for an hour blast around the skatepark at roughly 40psi front and rear. Tyres feel awesome although I’m used to running much lower pressures.

For those with tubeless trials experience what would you say is the min pressure to run? For reference I have a rimpact insert in the rear, no insert in the front but do have one if it means I can run a lower pressure. I usually run 25-30 max.

Hopefully this is the last post from me in here! Appreciate all the help 

Edit: Both are holding pressure no worries. Result :rockon:

AA14C9BE-6635-431A-885C-33188D7B7547.jpeg

Edited by DJEHB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted a Rimpact to a V2 rim with a Conti Macaskill tyre today. Was an absolute PITA. I've never gotten the tyre bead to sit equally around the rim, but it still seals and holds pressure well with the insert in. I'd like to try the updated V2 rim which Tarty say is officially tubeless compatible.