Trialtech Sport Lite BB Issue

DJEHB

Purchased a brand new TT sport lite bb back in December. It’s probably seen around 8 hours of pedal time and tonight the driveside bearing died a rather scary and loud death.

Anyone else had the same issue with these? Very carefully installed etc, everything kept nipped up.

Going to see if there’s any chance of warranty with tarty tomorrow but being a bearing I’m not holding my breath :wacko:

E7856BCC-2671-44FE-86A6-A45416E8FA41.jpeg

11 minutes ago, AdamR28 said:

Have actually seen a couple of these where the centre sleeve wasn't quite the right length, leading to early bearing death. Pop it back with a note and we'll sort it :)

Adam you are the man. Really appreciate that!

I'll post it back today :dance:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2022 at 9:15 AM, DJEHB said:

Unfortunately mine did this again after a few more rides. Have switched over to external now.

This happened to me as well! Fitted the BB on Friday and it went bang on the DJ ride yesterday. I'm going to have my frame reamed and faced at my bike shop.

1 hour ago, onzatpro09 said:

I've got one arriving in the post today - Interested to see how that goes! Got one fitted to another bike and had no issues for a few years of use

Please let me know how that goes. I know some people who bought these BBs a while ago and they've had no issues, so it will be interesting to see if it's perhaps a bad batch of BBs?

2 hours ago, Chakers1998 said:

Please let me know how that goes. I know some people who bought these BBs a while ago and they've had no issues, so it will be interesting to see if it's perhaps a bad batch of BBs?

I too know people who have bought these BBs and had no problems. But I also know two people who have had this problem.