Crewkerz Rim Poor Brake Performance

Chakers1998

Has anyone else experienced poor brake performance using a Crewkerz rear rim? I have tried it with both TNN ADMs and Cousts before and after a fresh grind, and the bite is practically non-existent even with a new grind. One thing that I have noticed is that since the grind, the pads have turned silver from all the swarf, so I sanded the pads down to get rid of this and the performance is still rubbish. The only thing I haven't tried is taking the wheel out of my other bike and seeing if using a Trialtech Carthy rim makes a difference. 

Once you've sanded the pads they'll need to wear back into the rim again. With grinds it can sometimes take a little bit of time for things to settle down and work their best.

With the grind, getting it sharp rather than deep is important too. Just the usual stuff like avoiding doing multiple passes over the same area, having the disk at a relatively steep angle compared to the rim, etc...

The Carthy rim will probably work a little better overall as you'll get less flex from the rim when your brake, but the pads will need to wear into that rim so it probably won't be an instant success necessarily.

• Like 1