Does Hope Pro 4 r hub last more than a year?

javimic

Hello everyone!  Here Javi, one more time with a new Hope Pro 4 rear hub situation (hub: 1 year old)... It really sucks when the rear hub starts to fail… The hub seems fine but when I ride without pedaling I hear a sound like there is a piece of metal inside. Even after clean it and put new lube. On top of that, there are some marks on the body, which means the body touched the ratchet at some point... Also, it doesn't turn properly, it locks as visualized in the video.  Finally, when I checked the hub, I noticed bits of metal as you can see in the pics, probably from the body.  Is it coming to the last days? I hope not!  If this hub lasts more or less 1 year (in my case this is the 2nd), which alternative would be better (in the similar price range) ?  Please, could you give your opinion? Thanks in advance!! 🙂

IMG_0125.jpeg

IMG_0139.jpeg

IMG_0140.jpeg

IMG_0142.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

Edited by javimic

I had this on my Pro 4 after three weeks... Ratchet ring threads are being stripped and there is nothing that can be done other than getting it warrantied. The warranty replacement that I have has been going since August and is fine so far. 

4 hours ago, Chakers1998 said:

I had this on my Pro 4 after three weeks... Ratchet ring threads are being stripped and there is nothing that can be done other than getting it warrantied. The warranty replacement that I have has been going since August and is fine so far. 

hi dude, I got this hub under warranty from another one that broke before. What I don't know is why the body has these marks or if it is normal (it is generated by touching the ratchet) and the reason why it gets locks when freewheeling...

Congrats to me 😀 on the decision to build a second wheel, after seeing the performance of the first Pro 4 I had... If not, I'd be out of the game until it solve it. And living in Argentina it means weeks. I have a love hate relationship with them because I like how these hubs feel, but they don't last a reasonable amount of time (personal experience). . or maybe 1 year is a reasonable time for trials. I'd like to try the Spank Hex Drive Hub... who knows…

IMG_0261.jpeg

On 5/10/2023 at 2:14 AM, javimic said:

Congrats to me 😀 on the decision to build a second wheel, after seeing the performance of the first Pro 4 I had... If not, I'd be out of the game until it solve it. And living in Argentina it means weeks. I have a love hate relationship with them because I like how these hubs feel, but they don't last a reasonable amount of time (personal experience). . or maybe 1 year is a reasonable time for trials. I'd like to try the Spank Hex Drive Hub... who knows…

IMG_0261.jpeg

I have read great things about these hubs for trials and a lot of dirt jumpers here use them without issues. I would say try it!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

well, after doing what Hope recommended to see if the issue was resolved, I rechecked the hub and found that the internal ratchet on the body hub was off-center, which explains the marks and burrs on the freehub body... no problem at first but when the marks got deeper every month it started to block up so far it's impossible to ride. I don't know if anyone has seen these marks on his freehub body as well. In my case it happened twice on consecutive Pro 4 hubs. 🤦🏻🥹

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0431.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

• javimic changed the title to Does Hope Pro 4 r hub last more than a year?