London Recommendations

US_BenR

I am going to be in London for 2 nights here shortly. I have only ever been to the airport, and so far, my experiences in England have been rather "rural" and industrial.

I've been working around Bristol for the past few months and want to have a decent London experience before heading to Europe. I'm not to keen on tourist stuff, other than seeing Big Ben (have to, per the name).

Looking for where the cool kids hang out. Want to have decent meal and some nice cocktails. Low key. No clubs. Yes to hipster chicks. Etc.

I guess how long are you willing to travel and what you want to do? If you aren't too fussed by the tourist parts of London, Brixton is likely your best bet - great mix of bars, market, some funky stores etc. 20ish mins to north of the river and tourist / Christmas fun!

Personal favourite is Dalston (next to Shoreditch, once the hipster capital of London) straight run of bars etc. through the centre - Three Sheets is a small but great cocktail bar short walk from Dalston Junction tube station - 25 mins to central London on tube again.

Shoreditch has changed a bit from the old days of old celeb spotting, super cool neighbourhood - The Looking Glass is a bit quirky as a cocktail bar mind, but best in a group.

Hope that helps!

Brett

Well thank you! Just went with your recs and booked a place in Dalston.  Decent little affordable hotel. Going to try the bar your recommended here in a bit!

Just here for one night now. Took a stroll around Westminster earlier just to do it really.