Help needed.

jonny-rolos

Hi everyone. I am in need of some advice please. I have been away from the sport and this forum that I used to spend most evenings scrolling through. So my first problem is.

I stopped riding about ten years ago and I have kept the bike all these years saying I will use it one day but its not going to happen so the time has come to sell up but I have got no idea what it is worth.  

Second problem is where is the best place to advertise it 

And third problem is I'm not exactly sure what year it is. I bought it from a local to me legend Ben savage. I think I bought it around 2012 but I can't be sure about that. I believe the  frame is a breth (koxx sky 2 copy) the exact geometry. It was 12 months old when I bought it I think. So can any if you work out what age the frame is.

So the spec. 

•Breth (koxx sky 2) frame. With only a few very minor scratches on it 

•trial tech forks and stem

•carbon Rockbar handle bars 

•front hope team green disk brake.

•rear maguire hs33 rim brake with good pads but can't remember the make.

•front hub is hope team green but one spoke hole is damaged. This is the only damage on the bike. Not sure on rim 

•Rear echo hub not sure on rim but it had ben ground. 

I will have a look at the rest of the bike and get the remaining spec when o get chance. I would say the bike is in very good condition apart from the front hub. 

Looking forward to hear from you all regards jonny. 

IMG_0453.JPG.jpg

Hi Jonny,

That is a mighty fine bit of bike you have there! Shame it has come to part ways..

Forum is pretty quiet for buying and selling - but there is a section you can scroll through to give you some ideas on price. You will likely get asked to split it, which if you have the time and patience can make a good bit of cash, full bikes are usually harder to sell and go for less.. though you have some trick bits with the Team Hope green bits (those are rare as were only given to team riders, never sold to us general plebs).

It is also worth checking out Facebook - there are some for sale pages you can use - https://www.facebook.com/groups/332820906893533 // https://www.facebook.com/groups/843173502765234

Good luck with the sale! She is a beauty.

Brett

Highly doubt the front hub is a Hope. It'll more than likely be a Deng hub, so Echo, Zoo, or maybe even a Viz. Front Rim looks like a square hole single wall Trial Tech.

I wouldn't worry too much on "what year it is". Zero f**ks are given, and anyone asking, I would question why.

Edited by Ross McArthur

22 hours ago, Brettoll said:

Hi Jonny,

That is a mighty fine bit of bike you have there! Shame it has come to part ways..

Forum is pretty quiet for buying and selling - but there is a section you can scroll through to give you some ideas on price. You will likely get asked to split it, which if you have the time and patience can make a good bit of cash, full bikes are usually harder to sell and go for less.. though you have some trick bits with the Team Hope green bits (those are rare as were only given to team riders, never sold to us general plebs).

It is also worth checking out Facebook - there are some for sale pages you can use - https://www.facebook.com/groups/332820906893533 // https://www.facebook.com/groups/843173502765234

Good luck with the sale! She is a beauty.

Brett

Hi Brett thank you for your help it much appreciated. Yes Ben was and i presume  still is a hope supported rider. Yes I have thought about breaking it but then would have to come up with prices for each part. I may end up taking the time to do the research and selling it thay way. Thanks. 

22 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Highly doubt the front hub is a Hope. It'll more than likely be a Deng hub, so Echo, Zoo, or maybe even a Viz. Front Rim looks like a square hole single wall Trial Tech.

I wouldn't worry too much on "what year it is". Zero f**ks are given, and anyone asking, I would question why.

I am sure the hub is stamped hope but I could be wrong. Maybe it wa some sort of prototype. I think Ben built the bike up using bits he had hanging about. Thanks for your info on the rim. 👍🏻