Widebars

zoojames

Hey guys long time since I posted a new topic!

1.Was just wondering the advantages and disadvantages of having wide bars?

2.I'm about to get my leeson and will be buying a pair of Ea70's and a Prodigy stem for it to replace the Brisa elite bar/stem combo I have at the moment. Will the Eastons be a welcome change on the Leeson or should I stick with my Brisa's?

Cheers :-

They shouldn't be that much narrorer if you leave them full width. When you said narrow bars I thought you meant around 24inches....I never run anything wider than that now, so much easier and comfortable, x ups feel better, I feel more in control..

Most trials riders prefer wide bars as they offer more control and leverage, but I find they give me back pains....

James

wide bars

Pro:

good controle

opens up your chest, so can breath more air (dubious)

Con:

wider bars make you tired quicker (try doing press ups with your arms far apart)

can possibly snap easier

heavier

cant fit through tight areas

Narrow(er) bars

Pro:

ergonomic (to get a starter measurment, do a press up in the most comfortable position and measure how far apart your hand are)

lighter

less likley to snap

can fit in narrow areas

Con:

not as much controle

chest is more closed, so less air (again dubious)

I have found a happy comprimise at 27.5"

wide bars

Pro:

good controle

opens up your chest, so can breath more air (dubious)

Con:

wider bars make you tired quicker (try doing press ups with your arms far apart)

can possibly snap easier

heavier

cant fit through tight areas

Narrow(er) bars

Pro:

ergonomic (to get a starter measurment, do a press up in the most comfortable position and measure how far apart your hand are)

lighter

less likley to snap

can fit in narrow areas

Con:

not as much controle

chest is more closed, so less air (again dubious)

I have found a happy comprimise at 27.5"

Certainly know your stuff! :P thanks but no position is comfortable to pressup :- yes I am very unfit! I might chuck some 26-24" bars on (The most comfortable pressup was at shoulder width apart so about 17.5" (Y)) so smaller would be better for me?

24inch is mint mate, I'm 5.8 and have just over average width shoulders and they feel perfect. Could always do 26, then 25, then 24, to see how it feels wider instead of cutting them really short and hating it.

James

You could try moving your levers closer in instead of chopping 7 shades of shite out your bars.