Help With Crank Tapers

Dr. Nick Riviera

well mny cranks have chewed tapers ( square ) so that the crank wont sit level on the bottom bracket it raises slightly , about 2-3 cm at the pedal end ( am i making sense? )

so i thought to file out the chewed taper and do the coke can bodge , but this hasnt worked very well so do i keep on filing or is there another solution ?

dont say get new cranks as i cant at the moment

any help / ideas?

thanks in advance

If its that badly rounded, whatever bodge you do, it isn't going to last long. Your just going to have to get some more cranks. (Even though you cant).

Damn trials and it expensiveness!

(Y)

well mny cranks have chewed tapers ( square ) so that the crank wont sit level on the bottom bracket it raises slightly , about 2-3 cm at the pedal end ( am i making sense? )

so i thought to file out the chewed taper and do the coke can bodge , but this hasnt worked very well so do i keep on filing or is there another solution ?

dont say get new cranks as i cant at the moment

any help / ideas?

thanks in advance

Which side? If it's non-drive side, Halfords STOCK some real cheap crank arms for about £6 (Y) If it's drive side you have to order them in I think. If you can't find that amopunt of money and blag some tools, I'd be amazed.

From what I can remember they are made from plastic coated steel, too. When my bro was broke I got him one to get by... it's still on there 6 months later!