Big Problem...

nb88

Went riding on the profile today, it started to feel weird so i carried my bike home..

Got home to find that the lockring on the driver had dethreaded :- . I really cant be f*cked anymore... Anyone know if theres any way i can fix this? The cog is really loose and theres bits of metal all over the place, im guessing i just need a new driver (N) .

I'll get pics in a mo.

Noz.

youre really not having much luck are you.........................get drivers from here

I hope you get your bike working agian :D

They don't do the drivers in 12t there for some reason :-

I havn't seen 12t drivers anywhere to be honest

Would probably be cheaper to buy a brand new hub really since the drivers on alans don't come with pawls and springs (N) which is a b*****d

Edited by merlin_rider

I don't need any pawls/springs because theyre all fine...just need the driver shell. I'll e-mail alans or wherever and see if theyll sell me a driver without the bearings, cog, etc...

Also - anyone know where i can get the standard driver, not titanium?

Edited by Nozmeister

Right, i just took the lockring off and i THINK the profile driver thread is ok! hallelujah! The lockring threads are f*cked though. I'm guessing thats aluminium and the driver is steel?

Anyway, heres some piccys:

threads1.JPG

threads2.JPG

So...i think i should be ok with a new lockring... ill look on custom riders.co.uk. If anyone wants to post what site i can get new lockrings from while i eat my tea i'd be eternally greatful :- (N)

Cheers,

Noz.

Edited by Nozmeister

OK then cheers.

I'll have to get a big b*****d spanner then - anyone know the size?

How does the driver with no lockring work? If its only in 10t i dont really want to as i just forked out on an 18t front cog.

Edited by Nozmeister

Got my lockring today :ermm: and also my new bearings. Profile seemed to have sent me a way beefier lockring....

lockrings.JPG

Its the same spanner size as the old one though - which i measured at 36mm :mellow: . I'll take my lockring up to my lbs etc and see if they have a lockring spanner of that size.

Cheers.

Noz.

Oh and i might buy some loctite.........does anyone have anyreasons for not loctiting the lockring onto the driver? speak now! :(

Edited by Nozmeister

Lockrings sorted now :mellow:

found another unfixable problem! lol....getting a new driver without bearings, springs, etc for £40 though. Its rideable at the mo but skips like a mo fo as a bit of sticky out metal near one of the pawls is coming off... and im a little worried about my face.

Noz.