Tempory Msn Replacement

Johneh

dot tk is only a forwarding service, someone i know has his own server, uses dot.tk so he doesn't have to pay for a domain name, or have his own dns server...

He has his own server, which costs a shit load and cant afford a domain for £9.99 for a year? (Y)

As so many people are currently having problems with msn try this place no registration needed and you can speak 2 a group of people or you can send PM's.

Or you could use Jabber, which is an opensource IM protocol. Most multi-protocol IM clients (like gaim) support it as well, so more reason to get a proper client :)

He has his own server, which costs a shit load and cant afford a domain for £9.99 for a year? :blink:

His server doesn't have to be costing him anything. I've had a webserver running in some form for the last 2 or 3 years and never paid a penny for it. They've all either been running from my ADSL connection with a static IP and fancy IP tables stuff or (currently) sitting in the rack at work.

My .co.uk only cost £6 for 2 years :mellow:

And mine, 123-reg.co.uk.

Having a professional domain name, makes a company/business etc look so much more professional even if theyre site is top noc, the website could be better if it had a decent domain address.

Edited by *OnzaMike*

And mine, 123-reg.co.uk.

Having a profesional(sp?) domain name, makes a company/business etc look so much more profesional(sp?) even if theyre site is top noc, the website could be better if it had a decent domain address.

professional* :mellow:

just had a look at the website seems alright i guess, prefer msn though :ermm: especially as its working now