Monty Riser Bar And Stem

Si-man

I have got a monty riser bar and stem and all they do is click and creak, and also how the feck do you get the bars out of the stem?? They don't want to come out (Y) :D

How do you stop bars from creaking? Any help would be great (Y)

si

Edited by merlin_rider

Cheers for that norri and john (Y) . Going to chop the steerer tube down to the angle of the stem aswell to see if that does anything.

You shouldnt need to cut it to the angle really, just cut it down so that the botom of the steerer is at the top of the low bit of the stem angle.

Do as JTM said aswell, just check all the bolts etc.

Noz

to get the bars out,, do what i did to get then in,,,,

take the blots out. then slide two 1p coins in the gap and lined up to the holes

then put the bolts back in the wrong side,, and screw the clamp open..

and yeah grease the threads on all bolts ... some people think this makes then come loose.. but it doesnt,, and it will probably stop some or all of the creaks..

I have cut steerer down and greased up all the bolts. Havn't tried to get bars out properly yet though. I think my problem is solved now anyway, well hopefully. Will tell you when I put the bike back together later. Thanks for the help anyway guys (N)

take the blots out. then slide two 1p coins in the gap and lined up to the holes

and yeah grease the threads on all bolts ... some people think this makes then come loose.. but it doesnt,, and it will probably stop some or all of the creaks..

That is well good idea (N) i'll have to use that next time :ermm:

That is well good idea (N) i'll have to use that next time :ermm: