I Need A Camera

wally

How do, right, i'm in desperate need of a new camera. But i am not sure which one to go for.

I need one that is good for close up shots, as that will be its main job. Is there a certain spec i should look for, to show if a camera is good at close ups or not.

Also i wouldn't mind one that was capable of pretty good quality vids.

As far a price goes im not too fussed, as long as it isn't a silly price.

So can you please recommend what camera i should get.

Thanks for your help :P

Chris :P

Looking at pics that endo freak and ihave posted last few weeks are pretty good quality. They are using a 3 year old knocked about nikon coolpix 2100, probably really cheap by now.

Great at close up shots, even inside of hope hubs etc.

canon ixus 40, its tiny and has good optical and digital zoom, and its 4 megapixels. considering its not much bigger than my phone (actual size 82x52x21mm - measured with a trusty ruler) its amazing

the thing bout cameras that do vids as well is u end up paying a lot for them that u may even be better off buying a video cam. ixus 40 takes vids, not sure of quality yet as i havent tried.

word of warning whatever camera u get make sure u buy a protective case so u dont end up trashing it, both me and my brother (who has the ixus 30 - slightly smaller but only 3 megapixels) have dented ours :P"

canon ixus 40, its tiny and has good optical and digital zoom, and its 4 megapixels. considering its not much bigger than my phone (actual size 82x52x21mm - measured with a trusty ruler) its amazing

the thing bout cameras that do vids as well is u end up paying a lot for them that u may even be better off buying a video cam. ixus 40 takes vids, not sure of quality yet as i havent tried.

word of warning whatever camera u get make sure u buy a protective case so u dont end up trashing it, both me and my brother (who has the ixus 30 - slightly smaller but only 3 megapixels) have dented ours  :S"

I have dents in my Canon too :)

I have one dent too. (Old school Ixus II :S )

Not scuffed it much though.

Can't see a case helping too much. not unless its a beast, then theres no point having a small camera.

No complaints about the pictures and features of my camera, better than some other makes I have seen pics from.

Picture taken by el tartio with an Ixus II

l08i0bcm3861h9jcnhpl4078k.jpg