The Flu

MrMonkey

ARGH! My throat hurts soooooo much! I'm getting better now, bit annoyed atm though because I was planning on taking my Kona out on some "serious" terrain for the first time tomorrow. May just go anyway (and collapse halfway lmao). I find drinking hot drink and generally keeping warm helps, although I'm finding it extremely hard to regulate my body temperature, I'm sweating one minute and then shivering another....weird.

I'm exactly the same wearing a t-shirt at the mo sweating withing a few minutes I'll be wearing 4 jumpers and be freezing.

Stay warm. Sweat it out. That's what my mummy always told me. Not sure how good that advice is though :ermm:

Stay warm.  Sweat it out.  That's what my mummy always told me.  Not sure how good that advice is though  :ermm:

Mum's are normally right :- :P

BUT, Whenever I get like that, I wrap up really warm, in a cold room, then I seem to maintain a decent body temperature....wierd, yes.

I'm exactly the same wearing a t-shirt at the mo sweating withing a few minutes I'll be wearing 4 jumpers and be freezing.

Yeah, thats the one... I just had it so I know how you feel guys :-

Wanna know what I did? Grab one of those Beechams hot lemon things, add your hot water, then a teaspoon of honey and a good couple of measures of whiskey. Have it about half an hour before you want to go to bed: it knocks me out and I sleep for AGES then wake up feeling loads better :ermm:

I nailed Strepsils too, they're good. I just have this tickly throat now which is realy pissing me off, although I think it's going.

Get well soon!

i got over freshers flu at uni in one night (the worst of it anyway) just get in bed and pull the covers right up so your tottally covered. ull sweat like a mother f**ker im not even joking the hotter you can get the quicker you will feel better just keep all the warmth in and that means the whole of your body. Eventually you fall asleep, the heat helps and u wake up feeling alot better :ermm: works everytime for me now

edit: ok stupid loughborough shared web cache means i posted under dans username... how gay is this place ..

love munkee

Edited by planetxzebdi

Stay warm.  Sweat it out.  That's what my mummy always told me.  Not sure how good that advice is though  :D

Its the best advice anyone will give you for flu :D

The reason you sweat shit loads when you have the flu, is because the anti-bodies are fighting the infection, and the only way to get rid of the dead shit, or "wounded" shit, is to throw it out in water, so it can evaporate.

Sweat, sweat, and more sweat :D