Sidehop Technique

GuyJames

This has been an on-going 'discussion', shall we say, between a friend of mine (Hobnobs) and I about what sidehopping technique is best. We have come to no conclusion so I would like to know your views.

I believe placing the front wheel down before the back wheel is best because it acts as an anchor, takes less effort and looks better IMO.

My friend, lets call him 'Fil' :D , believes sidehopping to two wheels is better - landing both wheels at the same time. An example of this would be CLS sidehops.

What are your views? What technique do you use? And overall, who do you agree with?

Guy

Ive recently learnt to sidehop properly

I used to sidehop to my right (right footed), now I sidehop left and its tons better :D

And today I sidehopped 6 blue pallets for the first time, I tend to land on my front wheel first but not properly aim to go to front wheel like some, its just how I land :D

Its whatever feels best for you :D

i tend to do a 1-2 manover to get up.

and prefer to go to 2 wheels, so i feel i can get higher.

also, i found out that i dont have to worry about missing my front wheel, or it slipping(when its wet).

I go to front wheel 1st and reading that it is a very vallied comment :D

going to front wheel has its advantages about it being easier like using the front like an anchor and that it takes less effort but in the wet its hard enough to go to front wheel on anything somtimes let alone side hops :D