Changing Bars......

Will Arnold

If you had asked if anyone had changed from flat bars to the new zoos i'd have to say no.

But.

My friend joe has, and I've ridden the bik when the flats were on there and the zoos. The zoos are much better as they are more comfy, they have a better sweep to them. Also making ups eaiser and also setting up the bars too how you like them is a little easier too.

Plus they look nice.

cool, cheers (Y)

anymore views?

Will

I put zoo bars on my python - as they are risers, if angled forward they will give better reach over the front of the bike, making the bike feel a bit longer.

The Zoo bars are also angled back : which can put some people off - but if they are set-up correctly they can feel quite good.

i would'nt bother changing unless there is something wrong with your echos not worth wasting £30! (Y)

hope this helps

You might want to be carefull with putting the bars too forward as it can damage your wrists. Most of us need these for other activities other than bikes.

A good way to get the most out of your bars is too look at which way the sweep of the bars go at the grip by looking at the bike from side on. By doing this you can angle the bars to what angle your arms would be when your just pulling up for a backwheel. Therefore increasing the height you go by maximizing the power you are using.

This especially works with bunnyhopping straight up, as well as pedal hops.

It may feel horrible but leave it on for a day and you should get used to it and maybe notice an improvement staright away.

Tilting the bars forward may give you better standover your front wheel, but it also makes other thigns lot harder. Whilst killing your wrists.

I changed from using a Brisa bar and stem to Zoo bar and Echo stem.

The setup did take a while to get used to, but with a bit of playing around i have found an angle which I really like.

I do have the bars tilted forwards slightly, somewhere around 45 degrees.

These bars are angles forward - i need say no more.  :P"

title.jpg

How can you tell their swept forwards. To see the actuall sweep of the bars you have to go up dam close and at the side of the bars.

I'm not saying that having the sweep angled backwards is the best for everything, I'm just saying thats the best way for bunnyhopping up things. The angle of your arms sound be round about the same as the sweep. I angle them back so when I crouch for a bunnyhop up something I get max power.

Edited by Trials Punk

How can you tell their swept forwards. To see the actuall sweep of the bars you have to go up dam close and at the side of the bars.

I'm not saying that having the sweep angled backwards is the best for everything, I'm just saying thats the best way for bunnyhopping up things. The angle of your arms sound be round about the same as the sweep. I angle them back so when I crouch for a bunnyhop up something I get max power.

i dont see how you can get more power by feeling comfy when your crouching back?!?!

Its not being comfy, its the fact that if the bars are the same angle as your arms then everythings in line. Its hard to explain. I know what I mean.

Sorry, if anyone knows what I mean, and can explain it better, please do.  (Y)

I think your talkin outta ur hole!! :sick:

Its not being comfy, its the fact that if the bars are the same angle as your arms then everythings in line. Its hard to explain. I know what I mean.

Sorry, if anyone knows what I mean, and can explain it better, please do.  :sick:

I think I know what you are saying. You mean that the back sweep of the bars should follow the same angle as you arms .

For the back sweep on Zoo bars to follow the same angle as your arms, you need to have them tilted forward slightly.

The picture below shows that my bars are tilted forward, but the back weep of the bars sits just nicely for me.

Sorry about the awful pic. (Y)

post-162-1107424488_thumb.jpg

I'm glad someone understands me. Thanks for helping explain it. Hopefully people will see what I mean, now that they can see a picture.

As for aaroncosbey i'm sorry for trying to explain something, can you explain to me why you think i'm talking out of my hole?

i see exactly what you mean but i dont see how you get some power by using them in this way.

i got my bars the other day and i love them (Y) i can bunny hop higher, and with more confidense.

the bike also feels nicer on the front wheel.

cheers for the help :sick:

Will

i see exactly what you mean but i dont see how you get some power by using them in this way.

"Use the force Will!"

I think that no one gain any kind of extra "power" with different bar combo/adjustement but I see that it can really help to economize rider's hand movements and weight sifting leading to easier bike handling.

"Use the force Will!"

I think that no one gain any kind of extra "power" with different bar combo/adjustement but I see that it can really help to economize rider's hand movements and weight sifting leading to easier bike handling.

That may be why I find it easier to bunnyhopping up things. (Y)

i found my mates control rode really well with zoo bars. i had a contol on echo bars, and found it a completly differnt feel.I cut about half an inch of my echo bars in the end, and found that made a difference (sam-ramesgate, dont worry, the bars you have are the origanal length 720mm! (Y) )