2.5 Minion Rubbing.....

Wayne-king

Lemme guess miles, mr sivyer man was too scared to do the spokes to tight? B)

surprisingly, yes! B)

but, andy P had a look at it yesterday and noticed that the drive side has been laced with DT double butted spokes, and the non-drive side is laced with plain gauge! (Y) and the DT spokes twisted when he tried to tighten them, so they can't be tensioned anymore than they already are, so the plain guage spokes can't be tensioned anymore either! (Y) anyone want to shed some light as to why it has been built like this??!!

looks like i mite be needing a tart build! (Y)

It was the other way around Miles. DT swiss plain gauge on the drive side, no name double butted oon the non-drive side :blink: . The non-drive side spokes twist stupid amounts ( about 360 before the nipples even start to tighten!! ) and cant be tightend anymore than they are so everything is loose.....I'd go back and get the guy to lace the non drive side with DT spokes - F.O.C

Andy P

reckon i'l get tart to re-build it

Feel free to do that if you like, exams have finished now, so turnaround is back to the normal 1-2 days :wub:

As for helping out at the moment - sounds like your nipples need a bit of lube (oooooOOooohhh sir).

Im not sure why he's decided to use plain/butted mix of spokes... probably as Andy said - didnt have the right length... or, though you'd need stronger spokes on the drive side cos its trials... or something. Either way, he sounds well oldskool, haha, being afraid to tension drilled rims!

Feel free to do that if you like, exams have finished now, so turnaround is back to the normal 1-2 days :P

As for helping out at the moment - sounds like your nipples need a bit of lube (oooooOOooohhh sir).

Im not sure why he's decided to use plain/butted mix of spokes... probably as Andy said - didnt have the right length... or, though you'd need stronger spokes on the drive side cos its trials... or something. Either way, he sounds well oldskool, haha, being afraid to tension drilled rims!

MMMMM, actually..

Tart u know i pmed u about a king service.. well when i get my king il be getting my wheel built at the same shop as miles. Might just send the whole lot to you to build and service :)

Sam :(