Any Medical People On Here

Duck

Hi all

went to the doctors on monday with a very bad chest and a dizzy head,they told me i will be fine with painkillers and warm drinks,tonight i cant sleep too well as im coughin up what littles like traces of blood,chest is abit better but hurts and feel sick when i cough.anyone had anything like this before,goin back in the morning.also can i take cough medicine if i have been taking paracetimal?

Thanks

Phil

Hi all

went to the doctors on monday with a very bad chest and a dizzy head,they told me i will be fine with painkillers and warm drinks,tonight i cant sleep too well as im coughin up what littles like traces of blood,chest is abit better but hurts and feel sick when i cough.anyone had anything like this before,goin back in the morning.also can i take cough medicine if i have been taking paracetimal?

Thanks

Phil

I've got the same, I think it's just a bad cough that's going around. Nowt to worry about unless you're coughing up a considerable amount of blood.

Welcome to the Funtastic™ world of "The Chest Infection". Also, known as my world. I seem to be really succeptible to chest infections, and so I'm kinda used to all that sorta biz. I've always been prescribed antibiotics to counteract the infection, but I'd just go back to the doctors and say "That did f**k all. What the Hell do you earn a shazzillion quid a year for?", as opposed to asking on Trials-Forum (Y)

.also can i take cough medicine if i have been taking paracetimal?

Almost certainly. But check on the cough medicine bottle. As for the antibiotics thing, doctors just give that to make you go away most of the time. Also, never underestimate the power of placebo (Y)

Coughing up blood can be anything from having a scratch in your throat, and your coughing up the excess bloody from that, or it could be aveoli bursting, which is a bit more serious. If you ever cough up blood a trip to the AnE is well due.....

You having any trouble breathing?

AND......Does your neck ache? is it tender when you touch around your neck, and it hurts when gentilly prodded?

Edited by Fishwog

not worried about the blood yet,could be the medicine i had before as its the same colour,Pissed that the didnt give me anything for the pain and said to wait 10 days,my arse.some reason im getting think flem coming out my nose???I ask on here because there are some smart people on here.

My neck is fine i had trouble breathing sat/sunday

Edited by phil18

If it's really hurting, just take some paracetamol (or codeine if it's really bad). Codeine is turned into morphine inside you - so that must be good (Y) There's probably not much the doctor can do. Just rest, and you'll get over it.