Geo Question?

Brian Bleech

Rightio Gents!!

I am just wondering what the head angle on the Ashton ET is? Pretty Sure is either 73 or 74 degrees, but can anyone comfirm this? Please...

Also how does the headangle effect how the bike rides? A tighter head angle (e.g. 73 instead of 74) should make the bike better/easier on the front wheel, but how else will the ride be affected?

thanks dudes

mike

Rightio Gents!!

I am just wondering what the head angle on the Ashton ET is? Pretty Sure is either 73 or 74 degrees, but can anyone comfirm this? Please...

Also how does the headangle effect how the bike rides? A tighter head angle (e.g. 73 instead of 74) should make the bike better/easier on the front wheel, but how else will the ride be affected?

thanks dudes

mike

i think 74 is actually tighter than 73.

90 degrees being vertical.

i think :P

Yeh your looking at it right.

A shallow headangle (low rider stylee) means the steerering is less responsive, you get a longer whjeelbase without having a long rech on frame, and its more forgiving, e.g. on touch hops with a 72/71 angle you can hit it too low and it doesn#'t matter you just do go high, with a 74 your more likley to flip over bars.

And a steep headangle, is tigher, more repsonsiv,e keeps a short wheelbase with a longer reach, but as saidabout is less forgiving.

I went for 72.5 on my 609 and I'm really happy with it.

Yeh your looking at it right.

A shallow headangle (low rider stylee) means the steerering is less responsive, you get a longer whjeelbase without having a long rech on frame, and its more forgiving, e.g. on touch hops with a 72/71 angle you can hit it too low  and it doesn#'t matter you just do go high, with a 74 your more likley to flip over bars.

And a steep headangle, is tigher, more repsonsiv,e keeps a short wheelbase with a longer reach, but as saidabout is less forgiving.

I went for 72.5 on my 609 and I'm really happy with it.

eek i was thinking of going for a 74.5 degree headangle, may slacken it a bit!!!

i was thinking of getting the toptube/wheelbase 15mm longer than my ashton, but according to clive jon shrews ashton copy is 1030 with pashley forks, but my et is 1003 with pashleys, so i am unsure what to do now!!

oh well got a month or so to decide

Actually, please can anyone with an et and pashley forks measure there wheelbase, because i wanna see if i have bent my forks (Y)

mike

sod it!

same geo as ashton except 15mm longer top tube and then a slightly tigher headangle, to reduce the wb a bit and with a 90 mm stem, will make it nice a flicky, but still have the same cockpit room, for gaps and stuff!!!

damn custom bikes making me think to much :blink:

mike