Music: Metal!

Mike Deere

Metal bloody rules but ive found one better, MELODIC BLACK METAL

Because it is melodic its not just pure shouting and the amount of feeling that goes into the lirics and the song is amazing, it feels like they do it because they love it not just because they get lots of money. Some bands only bring out 1 album a year but that album would be awesome!

To name a few bands that everyone should look into:

Dimmu Borgir

Amon Amarth

Children of Bodom

Hammerfall - not so much black metal but they are very good

Mastodon

Kreator

Enthroned

Usurper

People hear black metal and instantly think 'i want to kill myself' or crap (slipknots fault)

Whomever you are, whatever you listen to, give melodic black metal a try (Y)

Plester

Edited by Weird Boy

It is true, HIM are a blight on the face of this earth. All who like them should have a frontal lobotomy.

Snow Patrol are gash aswell. Infact I would go as far as to say 99% of indie is gash and repetitive.

I agree, so much in fact I shall jizz in my face.

People hear black metal and instantly think 'i want to kill myself' or crap (slipknots fault)

If Slipknot are black metal I am no longer a giant kangaroo, but a warp speed sloth.

Im DEFINATLY not saying slipknot are black metal, im saying that people catagorise them as black metal (because they shout (Y) ) and because they are a mockery to the music world (as everyone knows) it makes people think that black metal is crap. 

Plester

As a slightly more popular metal band I can't see how they're a mockery to the music. They've just got a bad rep from alot of people because they are popular with little gay Kerrang kids. To support for Slayer means they are not a mockery. Unless you want to call Gods like Slayer a mockery?

because [slipknot] are a mockery to the music world - it makes people think that black metal is crap. 

Lol - I found that funny (Y)

But everyone needs to chill the f**k out. Everyone has different music tastes, so just leave it and accept that HIM aren't "shit" if some people like them, and that 99% of Indie music isn't rubbish.

(Just before anyone slates me for saying what I did earlier in the thread, I was joking...)

But everyone needs to chill the f**k out. Everyone has different music tastes, so just leave it and accept that HIM aren't "shit" if some people like them, and that 99% of Indie music isn't rubbish.

(Y) You tom have summed it up.

Lol - I found that funny  (Y)

But everyone needs to chill the f**k out.  Everyone has different music tastes, so just leave it and accept that HIM aren't "shit" if some people like them, and that 99% of Indie music isn't rubbish. 

(Just before anyone slates me for saying what I did earlier in the thread, I was joking...)

Ok, I'm about to go against your everyone has different music tastes here. As I know I do, but I can tell what is good music and what isn't. If a singer can't sing and rides off something else, Kelly Osbourne what the f**k is that oh sorry your dad got you where you are. Don't dare tell me she's good because we all know she isn't the list goes on but I really can't be arsed.

Metal bloody rules but ive found one better, MELODIC BLACK METAL

Because it is melodic its not just pure shouting and the amount of feeling that goes into the lirics and the song is amazing, it feels like they do it because they love it not just because they get lots of money. Some bands only bring out 1 album a year but that album would be awesome!

To name a few bands that everyone should look into:

Dimmu Borgir

Amon Amarth

Children of Bodom

Hammerfall - not so much black metal but they are very good

Mastodon

Kreator

Enthroned

Usurper

Whomever you are, whatever you listen to, give melodic black metal a try  :wub:

Plester

Wow Ive just tryed some of these bands and now im hucked, thanks. Anyone who hasent listened to these bands shud do. Amazing!!!