Nick Garland

What to Do  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What to Do

• Buy long frame dont get King
    • Sell Koxx LB with headset and buy T-Rex and King
    • Buy rear King
    • Buy Vinco Style Frame
    • Sell Rear Wheel, Frame + Headset and buy all new stuff.

Hi

I have a dilemma on my hands. I had my heart set on buying a rear chris king hub for my birthday in a few months time. I had heard about everyone raving about the t-rex/longer frames in general and today I rode one. I currently ride a Levelboss 1040 with a hope XC rear hub with a King headset.

I now cannot decide what to do buy a king, buy a long frame, sell some stuff to buy other stuff (Y) I really am not sure.

I think the frame would improve my riding more but I had really wanted the rear king.

Any comments would be welcome. Now to explain some options I have thought of

Buying a long frame ie Cosust,Zoo,T-Rex,Control XTP

Also buying a Vinco has tempted me alot as well or the tartybikes proto if/when it comes out.

I can sell all my frame,headset and wheel buy a new T-Rex and king, or sell frame and buy the vinco keeping rear wheel. Theres so many options.

Any comments welcome or more suggestions as what to do are welcome.

Thanks Nick

P.S it made sense in my head not sure if it does on paper :(

Well bear in mind that youre a lil boi so a Vinco would rediculous on you... and you'd need a nice mod stem to use on it also... it'd be expensive and too big.

That leaves you with getting a King, or selling the Koxx+Headset and getting a Rex... I say sell the Koxx, i've never particularly liked the 1040 to be honest, its not long and not short...

The guys who T-Rex it was has just offered to swap with me, So I might be able to swap my Koxx + Headset for his T-Rex and some money hopefully this way I can still get the King.

How much do you think would be a fair price Koxx + Blue King Headset for a T-rex wiuth headset + £75?

The guys who T-Rex it was has just offered to swap with me, So I might be able to swap my Koxx + Headset for his T-Rex and some money hopefully this way I can still get the King.

How much do you think would be a fair price  Koxx + Blue King Headset for a T-rex wiuth headset + £75?

wooo, thats a bit steep, as the T-rex(top quality frame :(" ) only costs 275 with HS, so you will be swapping your koxx (400) king (100) and 75 smakers thats nealy 600 quids worth of stuff (Y) , but definately get a T-rex, they ride soooooooooooooooooooooooo nice :(