Bar And Stem.. Risers

Mr Motivator

Iv had an echo bar and monty stem for a while now and fancy a change to something a little more streety..

I think I want eastons and a raceface stem.. as it sounds nice :) but I have absalooootly no knowledge on risers.

Wonder if you could give me a few tips so I know what sort of price im looking at.

Sam, any help greatly apreachiated(sp lol)

Edit, I have a +20 bb height and Iv been told bikes wih higher bbs ride better with slightly higher rise on the stem.. im looking at 110-120 length i guess :)

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials

Wouldn't get a Race Face stem, my cheap one creaked.

Easton EA70's are nice bars, but I prefer the feel of my Azonic Singlewalls, but Eastons are stronger and lighter.

Kore make good stems for the price.

Get EA70's from wolley hat shop, there cheaper then CRC.

get the eastons in the high rise version! as for stem something between 80 and 110 should do you great, depending on tall you are and how streety you want it to be!!! The kore one on crc for 18 pounds is a nice little stem, maybe look for a stem with a 15-25 degree rise depending on how high you want it?

titec do some nice stems too at a decent price!!

mike

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1580

ok, that stem :)

and easton ea70s how about 1.5inch rise?

I wouldnt. I had one, creaked loads.

Edd Potts one made 2 sets of bars snap, the clamp is badly designed its too narrow.

I have a Titec one, Big Al, 105mm Silver, it works well but its too long and silver for streety ole me!

You are on a control, ain't you? what length is it? how tall are you? and kinda abstract question but how streety do you wanna go? more techy stuff or just go big CLS/tunni stuff?

EDIT: just wondering really because the more we know the more we can try and help you!

mike

Edited by leedstrials

You are on a control, ain't you? what length is it? how tall are you? and kinda abstract question but how streety do you wanna go? more techy stuff or just go big CLS/tunni stuff?

PX alibongo (Tibo)

6ft 2" still growing

Street and techy stuff really.

OK

This stem! (120mm with 15deg rise)

This bar (2" rise)

Mmmmmm pricey

You are quite tall then! a 110 - 115 will probably do you fine! I ain't as tall as you but I recently swapped from 105 to a 90 and find it way better for techy stuff. You really are looking to make you bike feel shortish but not cramped! and if you keep the front end relatively low, it still makes it good for trials stuff!

:) Sam, get the Zoo's, they are really nice riser bars, expensive though, and you'll be running 31.8mm bar clamp, which means if you want a higher front end then you will have to get a new stem anyway :)

yeah i thought about that.. dunno though :)" my current stem will work with them too. hmmm

edit, i also thought.. the zoo bars are an inch wider than my echos (il cut them) but they are also lighter.. this mean they are weaker?

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials

i also thought.. the zoo bars are an inch wider than my echos (il cut them) but they are also lighter.. this mean they are weaker?

I guess you could conclude that - but - how many sets of Echo (or Zoo for that matter) bars have failed?

Personally, I think a 'trials' (Alibongo) bike rides strangely with a high rise set of jump/dirt risers on it.

Iv had an echo bar and monty stem for a while now and fancy a change to something a little more streety..

I think I want eastons and a raceface stem.. as it sounds nice :huh: but I have absalooootly no knowledge on risers.

Wonder if you could give me a few tips so I know what sort of price im looking at.

Sam, any help greatly apreachiated(sp lol)

Edit, I have a +20 bb height and Iv been told bikes wih higher bbs ride better with slightly higher rise on the stem.. im looking at 110-120 length i guess :huh:

Would that be the Green Monty Risers and the Black Echo Stem???

for a stock???

If you are wanting to change then I assume they will be going spare if so will you sell them?????

I had some on my old ashton but it was stolen and i havent been able to get hold of any since.