Rb Levers

GuyJames

Please only people who own/have owned an RB lever reply, i don't care what people have heard.

What are they like? More powerful than standard lever? Do the seals break mega quick? Snap easily?

Just general view about them please as I may be getting one.

Thank you in advance, Guy

Mine lasted about 1 year, it was amazing for that time then one day the seals died. Some people I know have had problems with them from day 1 and one of my riding friends has had his for nearly 18 months and its still going strong. Bit of pot luck if you ask me. They do feel so comfortable thought when using them.

I had dual rb levers and they worked amazingly while they lasted. I think it was about 2weeks ago they started to leak or i asume they were leaking. I pulled the lever in and the adjust rod thing hit on the lever and the brakes wouldnt lock, rebled them and changed seals but still problems so I swaped them with Chai for a f+r set of magie brakes he has managed to get it to work fine.

ood for a period then they die but come back to life for some reason.

I had a love/hate relationship with mine.

I got mine dirt cheap and was insistant on the fact that it wasnt the levers that were faulty and leaked it was the people using them. Boy was I wrong. No ammount of polishing of the cylinder worked and also one day, due to a frankly disgusting king slip :- the carbon body shattered. After a while trying it again, I got fed up and just sold it

Hi Guy, I've had my RB lever for over a year now and it's still working perfectly, it hasn't snapped or cracked and the seals are fine, even though when looking into it, it looks dusty, no problems here!

I stripped it from the red colour to just the bare alu and shined it, looks nice. Yes, I got it from Hastings cycles.....£45 or something down from £60 ish.

i am using mine as a louis disk brake lever and its working great.. the extra power makes it soo suited for disk brakes.. there is no "squish" effect, but i still can pull off some nose manuels pretty well :closedeyes:

i didnt like them on my maggies. it just made the frame flex so much...

Im using a nice chunky RB booster on the rear, so the backend shouldn't flex. I think I am going to get one, it is a trade so won't be new but Heatsink seems to have plenty of new seals, or i can pick them up somewhere so that shouldn't be a problem if they go.

Thank you for all your help people :closedeyes:

Guy

Im using a nice chunky RB booster on the rear, so the backend shouldn't flex.

But RB boosters are sh*t... there suppose to reduce frame flex... your best just running no booster rather than the RB :closedeyes:

I would either get an Echo Control or an Shimano XTR booster before you even think of getting a RB lever :-

Watson

I ran an RB lever on my Pure. Had to run about 3 boosters because the frame flex was silly.

Felt so comfortable, and I loved that lever to bits. With all the boosters, there was no lever spongey feel.

After a while though, the seals went and it leaked like a seive. Think Prawns got it now. I couldnt be bothered to put in new seals, so just sold it.

They seem to be very hit and miss as to their performance. If you can get one cheap, I would reccomend one anyway, as they are just so very comfortable.

I love mine to peices, ive had it 3 years and never had to replace the seals it did leak a little but i took the seals out cleaned them up and boshed them back in. since then ive never had a problem.

It leaks tiny tiny amounts so it needs to be re bled every 6 months or so witch is normal id of thought.

I can never see myself using another lever unless i kill this one, witch if it does happen it will be a very very sad day for me as i really love mine.

I love the shape of them, but can't be bothered with all the *supposed* problems associated with them, so i got a lever blade cheap, got edd potts to have a look at it, and make some washer things so there was no play, and so it's nice and smooth, haven't looked back once.

They're really comfy, they're actually designed to be ergonomic, perfect 1 finger braking. :closedeyes:

Mike.

RB has produced improved master cylinder which is supposed to NOT leak. the (disc) levers that have round black adjusting knob in one end of the master cylinder have a high tendency to leak. atleast here in finland, everyone with a leaking old style master cylinder will get the new improved version for free. but anyways, the RB levers are actually really nice when they work ok and don't leak.