Brothers Comp Is f**ked

Joe Papasnap Maher

Bascially his computer wont open anything...it all just stops and shows not responding or whatever and just freezes and dies...this happens on everything...ctrl alt dlete is practiaclly a no no aswell...

I sent him some spyware prgrams and stuff.....done a scan...eveerything still the same...

I then asked him...did u install the updates..no he tells me no.....so bascially he goes to install the updates..but because its all so slow he goes in safe mode with networking...

Goes to install the updates...and it comes up with cannot install blah de blah...program may be damaged

So...

Why is comp not working and what can he do to fix it..?

sounds more like either a virus or windows has self destructed.

Try installing/updating a virus checker. If that doesnt work you could try to repair windows by putting the xp cd in (i assume he is running xp) boot from it then select repair windows installation.

hmmmm, if its anything like the problem i had. i formatted, still had, it, and did that 3 times, then the 4th, i quickly got myself zonealarm and microsoft anti spyware. this then gave my time to stop the problem occouring, and havent had it since.

Erm it would have to be pretty much a hardware fault for a format not to fx it.......