Echo Hub & Snail Cams

Brisa

I just recently got myself a t-pro, this is my first mod.

I got a full build echo wheel and has snail cams already on the axle... The things is they seem awful small, i have my wheel around half way in the dropouts so that i can set my brake up properly nd have decent chain tension.

With this set-up the cams are quite far away from were they should touch.

Are all snail cams this size or are after market ones larger? I am currently using a single chaintug on my drive side, it looks gay and hits stuff so was wondering if i can get cams to fit?

Is the wheel second-hand or brand new? Basically, if it's second hand, it could be that you have the Monty cams which are smaller than the Echo's. Echo are the only other after-market snail cam that are actually bigger than the Monty's, so it's either Echo's or chain-tugs (which I've never really had a problem with? If you buy some like the Primo Pro, because you'll most likely have to run your back wheel at about the same place in the drop-out for forever just 'cos of the chain tension relative to the brake placement, you can hacksaw off the rest of the thread and file it down so they're really nice, dinky and petite. Plus, if you're desperate, you could run it on the inside of the drop-out so the only thing you'd see outside of the frame would be the little end anchor plate?

Make sure you remember to allow some room for chain stretch, otherwise you'll be pissed when it doesn't work.

If you wanna get uber tech, you can file down the anchor plate, etc., and make it ultra tiny.

Was thinking about that, just theres a lot of excess thread, how much would expect a kool to stretch. Never really noticed stretch being used to stock?

Bugger all, really. Kool's are theoretically pre-stretched, but I mean if you leave about 1mm outside of the nut it should be fine, really. Could even cut it flush with the bolt, if you want, seeing as you won't need much room either side, and the bolt should take it?