Backwheeling?

butcha87

Just got back into trials after about a year off and have switched from mod to stock.My pedal upping has decreased considerably,but I'm not bothered, still in a transitiion period. However,I'm finding I can't bunnyhop or pedal up the lowest of obstacles and stick them to back wheel,my front end normally drops straight away!!Any tips?Cheers

Just got back into trials after about a year off and have switched from mod to stock.My pedal upping has decreased considerably,but I'm not bothered, still in a transitiion period. However,I'm finding I can't bunnyhop or pedal up the lowest of obstacles and stick them to back wheel,my front end normally drops straight away!!Any tips?Cheers

Just sounds like you need to get used to the stock a bit more. To be honest it seems that simple from over here. If you can backwheel, and stick it to rear wheel on your mod, so can you on your stock, its all reasonably similar, technique wise, the secondary thing to look at would be muscle memory, the more you practise the more your muscles will learn to remember how to respond etc.

You could do something as simple as backwheeling a curb or 1-2 pallets, keep trying it for an hour, you WILL get the front wheel up and "stick it to rear" :blink:

your front wheel doesn't weigh a tonne does it ? :ermm:

After riding mod for about 5 years, I got myself a T-rex the other day and find it very different to stick stuff to backwheel. I think it's mainly to do with the length and weight distribution of a stock compared to the mod. I need to keep the stock more vertical when I go to back wheel (i.e. put more effort in) in order to land with the centre of gravity in the right place and keep the front up. Still trying those front touch things though...

Dave

Youre bound to struggle backwheeling after changin from mod to stock or vice versa, because they are so different to ride. Mods have a higher gear so the pedal timing is different, and i find it harder backwheeling on a mod because they feel so unstable after riding stock. You shuld soon get used to the change

My problem seems to be that I tuck too much!When I get the bike vertical,i do what ive learnt,which is too push the bars forward and pull the back end up like an endo!This makes my bike go horizontal.I need the bike to move more up kind of?!Haven't ridden tonite so i'll give it a try tommorow

cheers lads

I wouldnt pull the back up like an endo unless it was well over bar height, try and push the bike forward from under you at the last minute, this means that you land sligter steeper than with the other method so staying on the backwheel should be easier :(