North Wales Biketrials Club

spunkey_monkey_boy

North Wales Biketrials club is now up and running properly. as many of you know we held an event in januray that was quite a success and on the back of that event we have secured the use of the same hall for another event (see the other topic in rides section). we have also officially started up NWBTC (name to be decided on this week).

as the club is now up and running we are ready to start gaining members. heres the low down on membership:

annual membership - £15

what do you get for your money?

reduced entry cost to official competitions and events

free entry to member only club nights (smaller indoor events)

the chance to win the members only prize at all NWBTC competitions from either heatsink, selectbikes.com or howies

you do not need a license to ride at NWBTC events so there are no extra hiden costs.

we are negotioating discount with a couple of companies at the moment for all you riding needs. official club member only discounts or special offers will be put up when they are confirmed (hopefully later this week)

how do you become a member?

bring your £15 along to the next indoor event or email me directly and i can post out the relevant forms

any other questions just get in touch.

cheers

tom

Edited by spunkey_monkey_boy

so i can make everyone aware of this issue i have decided to add it on here aswell as bring it up at tommorrow meeting:

to be affiliated to biketrialuk we may have to pay a 50p charge for every rider at every event, this is a nominal charge but as we are trying to keep our entry costs as low as possible it is not one i feel we can automatically include. would people rather we did not affiliate with biketrialuk (i think we would be the only club in the uk not to and it may hinder the grants we can apply for) and keep the entry fee's as they are or would you rather see the entry fees go up by 30-50p and be affiliated.

i am not 100% on all of the benefits of being affiliated but i plan to find out and then pass it on.

thoughts?

Affiliate so if anything happens you have a governing body to speak to about what to do about the matter. Say if someone complains or some bullshit like that, you speak to biketrial uk and ask them what to do about it so you can keep the club running.

i'll be riding if i have the energy and time to. i get back from college at 5 so will be home at about half 5 but have got stupid amounts of work to do on college stuff and NWBTC stuff so if you pm me you phone number, i'll call you tommorrow if i have time to come ride :turned:

yeah i figure affiliating is worth while but wana get some more oppinions in before i decide. i'll see what concencus is tommorrow

Are you talking about the ACU licencing Tom, if you are, than most people who compete in other competitions and british rounds will have one.

The only problem is, people who don't go to these comps and just want to have a mess about indoor once nad a while may not turn up.

Phil.

no i'm talking about the cost of affiliating the club to biketrialuk, it has no effect on our insurance costs etc. at the moment i am looking into other companies for insurance before i go down the acu path, as far as i can see being insured by the acu is going to be a pain in the arse in terms of licenses etc, if i get annual insurance then all we have to do is pay it at the beggining of each year and thats it!

the extra 50p seems ok to add on but i wana make sure everyone is in agreement, i'll be reading biketrialuk's constitution as soon as i get it to work out what the benefits are for being affiliated

cheers for responses so far

tom