f**k

Fishwog

OK, I've stripped the thread in one of the four bolt mounts on my Control......

Should I tap i, or get it helicoiled??

I was thinking aswell, if I tap it to a large size, then wouldn't it be difficult for the larger size bolt to go through the booster, spacer and mounts?

Help!!!! (Y) ;)

Sam.

Helicoil. Every time. Stronger, you don't have to bore out your Magura clamps and booster, and if the helicoil somehow strips you'll be able to sort it out easily whereas if you tap and strip, you'll have to tap to Minfinity...

Oh, well. B)

Maybe run a longer bolt on the stripped on and have a nut on the back. I think 4 bolts are m6 thread. :D

they are m5 anyway ;)

damn that phone! had to leave half way through the post to answer it then was too late :P (Y) :)

Edited by sir trial a lot

I am always incredibly careful with everything to do with my bike, everyone around where I live knows that, I was simply tightening it up and bosh, it slipped through  (Y)  ;)  :)

I'm sure you are mate.

But you've managed to strip the mount it didn't do it by itself did it. Has it lost all of the thread?

Argh, it's going to cost £35 for all four bolt mounts.....  (Y)

Gonna cost me around £30 to get 3 of mine done. Had one done and now another has gone so they're all being done. Cost about a £10er for each one where i go but it's the only place in my area ;)

Sounds a bitch mate, especially on a lovely new expensive frame like the control!

The person that i bought my levelboss off had stripped the two of the holes on the left hand side of my brake mounts slightly, and i can still run them fine, as long as i dont overtighten them. Until you get hold of a helicoiling kit you could use a ziptie just so you can ride until you get it sorted? (Y)

My mate bodged his with some jubellie (sp) clip things, he ran it with them on for like 4 months with no problems  (Y)

Ahhhh you beat me to it, i was going to say that.

If you get them nice and tight, they will be quite good. Only temporellaly (sp?) though. :thumbsup:

These things if you don't know wht they are.

FXJC32.JPG

Edited by JT!