Snapped My Fattys

guineasmithpig

hey

my fattys have split nearly all the way around the left leg, bout 1inch above the disc tab. seems to have developed from the breather hole (the one drilled in the legs to help em relieve pressure due to welding heat?) looks as though its developed frokm a crack though, as there was some dark patches (dirt) within the crack. either that or its a material flaw.

anyways, is there anyone worth speakin to about warranty, or is it pointless? they were bought from team autovogue about 2 xmas's ago, but their site doesn't seem to be online anymore? not really heard of many fattys breakin, so kinda unfamiliar territory for me

unhappily urs :unsure:

smithy

Edited by guineasmithpig

They should be the same as fatty's, but the trials version as the fatty fork's were one's used on the headstock suspension, they should be alright for a while but they would be a few years on now so if you are to use them be a little more careful.

Waynios forks did the same thing at the top of the left hand side leg of the fork,

Whilst doing a 180 gap on a rock,he was well dissapointed........

To my knowledge nobody has them bar

Chevin Cycles/ as they do cannondale in the yorkshire region..........Being that nobody wanst to deal with cannondale as they are very poor with warranty and service wise..... :P

For new forks see...........................

www.airevalleycycles.co.uk

Available forks,

ashton red £90

Black are £80

MINT......................

Waynios forks did the same thing at the top of the left hand side leg of the fork,

Whilst doing a 180 gap on a rock,he was well dissapointed........

To my knowledge nobody has them bar

Chevin Cycles/ as they do cannondale in the yorkshire region..........Being that nobody wanst to deal with cannondale as they are very poor with warranty and service wise..... :P

For new forks see...........................

www.airevalleycycles.co.uk

Available forks,

ashton red £90

Black are £80

MINT......................

I broke my Fattys at the top of the left leg.

As for replacements... I've not bought new forks for ages now... Pashley's do me fine, but I think you're running a disc?

Jon

Bummer dude, haven't heard of hardly any Fattys breaking either! Bad luck! I was thinking of getting some Ashton fatty replica thingys until I heard about the disk mounts being welded on wrong so you have to get 163, 183, 203 rotors, or whatever the measurements are. The forks themselves seem alright though, haven't heard any complaints.

big up dudes!

my forks snapped through the middl of the left leg. well random! obviously due to disc forces, but local dealer said they shouldn't break there, and fair play to cannondale europe, they're gonna do me a warranty set (fingers crossed) if i can sort out a proof of purchase. and the lbs i bought em from say they'll reprint a receipt if i can get a bank statement to prove payment (2years ago). so carefully coaxin ma uncle to get a bank statement sorted, as they were bought for ma cousin, who got rid of em after bout 2 months. fool.

anyways, thank you cannandale! just hope hazzy gets his finger out for that bank statement!!!

smithy

I heard something from James Hawkins once. He said he was in the US when he snapped a pair of fattys he went to the local Cannondale dealer and they changed them over the counter without proof of purchase and all the rest of it. Just swapped.

But then again Cannondale did have Money 'Trouble' a few years after that

Disc brake + heavy rider + lots of front hooks = break any set of forks

Only been running these a couple of months :(, they were second hand though. Damn, sometimes I wish I was light :P

good useful equation there Matt have to note that one down hehe

how many times have i told you! Ginsters pasties and pies arnt good for you, you never listen! :P

unlucky Matt, hope you get some new forks sorted soon :P