Hope Mono Trial

Lee_Buchanan

Which rotor will work best.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which rotor will work best.

• 185 with adapter.

Reet,ive been told off at a few people that my mono trial will work bettr if i put the standard rotor on instead of the 185 rotor of my mini with the adapter,they said it will work better being that the wholes in the rotor are bigger??So which is going to be the best,also apperently will be less spongey and flexy without the adapter?

Thought id post up and see what folk thought??

Lee...................

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you already have the brake, so surely you will already have the standard rotor!

so just try it and see what happens, a 185 theoretically should work better, when i rode tarts disc with a 180 rotor it was good, but i felt that my 160 worked just fine

just try it and see

Just wondering how the rotor worked with the system, I know you can get +20 adaptors, but surely the brake would be a little sketchy with a rotor that's 5mm too big?

I say stick with the 160, people seem to be very happy with it, and you're on a mod so it should be fine (coming from someone that used to run a 205 on mod :))

I've only ever rode one Mono Trial, it was bedding in so it would explain why it felt a bit pants :)

i reckon u should try the 160 for a bit, works awesome on mine and with ur bike being a 20 inch could be even better. one thing to note though is that the larger holes in the mono trial rotor reduce heat build up and stop the pads glazing over, this is important due to huge pad size in the mono trial. seemed to work fine with your 185 mini rotor in last wk though, try em both see which u like best

:)