.~

Sponge

Will Armourdillos fit my downtube or not? Only reply if you personally have seen or own a Woodstock or T-Pro 2003 or Giant Trials with an armourdillo on.

I also want to cover up my stickers so they don't get whitened by the sunlight. So yeah, I hope it protects my downtube from dents and stickers from sunlight.

Those three downtubes are significantly different. You might wanna narrow it down to '2003 T-Pro' only...

As for using the armoured dildo, I personally wouldn't bother. Ive found i dent my frame much more from crashing/jumping clear of the bike than when im riding it, and most of these dents appear on tubes other than the downtube.

If you wanna keep your stickers looking fresh, just cover them up with tape - a lot lighter and cheaper too.

yeh it will fit.My mate has one on his t-pro 04 and the T-proi 03 downtube has a smaller diameter than the t-pro 04/05, so i'm sure it'll fit.

Its your decision whether you get one or not. yes, they do their job, but so does plent of other things.

i personally have a Carbonique protector, its saved my frame about 3 times from big hits. :) I can get a pic if your interested.

well i've got a woodstock and a giant '03...and it fits on both... :)

It is pretty stretchy stuff (the armourdillo)..and i swear by it- don't wanna scratch my lovely frame if i can help it!

adam

I agree, shame my didnt arrive any earlier....3 days before i got it i dented my frame about 3 times!!!

typical! :)

They are well worth the money

I would say that armadillos work, but they are expensive for what they are, i got one free off my local bike shop when i bough my second hand levelboss from there, so i wasnt complaining! Initially i used the armadillo for about 2 months and it did save my downtube a few times on rails, but i soon took it off because as my frame was second hand anyway and already had small scratches and dents on the downtube and my bike looked better without it on. i would say they are good in some cases but for a mod i wouldnt bother as part of the bashplate covers the bottom of the downtube anyway which is probably the most vulnerable area.

I also want to cover up my stickers so they don't get whitened by the sunlight.

:P

I personly never hit that part of the frame, so i never felt the urge to get one. Depends if you have actualy ever hit that part of the frame befor realy.

:P

I'm not having a go or anything like that. Just want to know, why are you worrying about your stickers fading (changing colour ect) if you want to run an armoured dildo on it. Surely you won't see the stickers?

:P That made me laugh too.

I'm not having a go or anything like that. Just want to know, why are you worrying about your stickers fading (changing colour ect) if you want to run an armoured dildo on it. Surely you won't see the stickers?

Yeah, this really f**king annoys me. If you're bothered about scratching your frame and making it look shit, then sticking a big ugly black thing over it does NOT help.

i got an armadillo and all i did was cut off the sides so your left with the plastic stip things and then cable tie or double sided tape to the frame.

hey presto same protection but better looking.

thechink

Thats a bit pointless isnt it? spending £20 on something just to cut it up?

Anyway, i think it would look better as it comes rather than ziptied to the frame or even better dont bother with one.

only reason to get one is to protect an investment, i.e. you have an expensive frame and know that u will be selling it on in a few months and want to be able to sell it for as much as possible.

NO point in having one for looks, and NO point in having one on a 2003 t-pro as it is hardly the most expensive frame about and its resale value is poor.

I ave a woodstock and the armadillo fits pefectly on that.

I also have a 2004 t-pro and it was tight as a biatch but did still fit. (Y)

Try someone else's time you on a ride on something. :)