Chroming

picki

Righty ho....

How much does it cost (IE: for a front hub?)

secondly, i know its a bit bling bling, but do you think you could chrome a koxx rim ( front and back) but save the ground side wall on the back from being chromed?

just wondering....any other info would be kool

Cheers

Rich :P

Your best bet is to have a look on yell.co.uk for electroplaters in your area.

For your needs, you won't get a great price because it gets more attractive when you do a bulk job, working out cheaper for each part.

As you'd expect, a really shiny finish usually is the most expensive since it involves extensive polishing of the "Substrate" before hand, more work.

For chroming, aluminium receives more than one coating too, nickel and copper are common before the chrome layer is applied.

Have a ring around and see if you can find someone that would be interested in this small scale job :P

Steve

anal they do chrome alloy nower days take a trip to your local "car store" ie one owned by gangsters............

we have one bout 10mile away from me in bradford.......... there is chromies all over the place!!! lol.

Waynio....................

its like most people are saying you can chrome/polish n do anything to anything nower days!!!!!!

its just bout getting it done cheap is the hardest part :P :P

My 19" RSGT alloys could have a chromed rim wall, in fact i think 1 of the colours of the alloys is silver spokes with chrome outer rim.

u can polish alloy to lool like chrome. like in cars..... i have done a little bit of crome'ige on me frame..... u just need a rag some wire wall and metal polish ( cant memba da name of it but if u realy wana know pm me ) cruff da frame wid wire wall, put on metal polish rub in,,, then buff up easy as that...... i only done like 6" of me frame cus i though it made da frame look cheapy..... luv tux

But that's not chromed, that's polished. And if the frame's scratched and stuff, it's REALLY hard to get the good look on the polishing.

Chroming of aluminium is possible, and like copper plating, it weights a bit. Tis cool though. :o