Dmr Tension Seeker.

Corish

Its not for me, its for a friend, I'm just wondering if they would replace it? The problem is that its rounded off very easy, at (what I call) the tension bolt, you tighten it and it put tension onto your chain, and nips it upto the Mech Hanger. Anyway thats rounded after only 3 tightens, will they replace it or not.

(Its from Chain Reaction Cycles by the way)

Edited by Corish

Its well cheeky to ask for a bolt on warrenty!! considering it has most likely to have been rounded off by someone either being careless or using bad tools or both.  (Y)

Send them a couple of quid.

The bolts are extreamly soft though.....

if you have a old mech hanger use the bolt out of that alltho you have to find a spacer for it as itll just wobble about.

anyway ive never managed to round a bolt on either on mine and both of them lasted a good few months.

As much as I hate the way my DMR thingy doesn't actually tension, I love the way you can land on it, and it's so small that it must be nearly impossible to get the leverage to actually bend the hanger. Yesterday I did a grind (unintentional) on it and nothing happened :P

It would tension if 1) It had a good bolt and 2) It had a good spring. I've changed the spring though for a V-brake spring, which works really well.

this is another thing im confused by how people cant get any tension from there tension seekers, mine pisses all over mechs my chain runs so close to my chainstays as i have a ti bash and the chain never taps the chainstay unless i do something stupidly hard.

tension seekers forever i say :P

this is another thing im confused by how people cant get any tension from there tension seekers, mine pisses all over mechs my chain runs so close to my chainstays as i have a ti bash and the chain never taps the chainstay unless i do something stupidly hard.

tension seekers forever i say :o

You can get tension with a good spring. In my experience the official DMR springs are too soft - they bend too easily. The V-brake spring sorts that though. The main problem is the bolt though. If you can undo the bolt, you can adjust the tension. If the bolt is cheesed, you can't adjust the tension easily at all :P

Its well cheeky to ask for a bolt on warrenty!! considering it has most likely to have been rounded off by someone either being careless or using bad tools or both.  :o

Send them a couple of quid.

No, we used it normal, with good tools, its asif its made out of cheese, litrally.

If they don't replace it Liam, how much you wanting?

And Punk Rider, its the 2nd one.

And gianwhore, it was put on that day.

Tomm, your right, thats whats happened.

tell him to stop being a tight arse and just buy a new one. theyre only about £20

That has annoyed me. Would you just waste 20 pound when you probably can get another free tensioner on warrenty, or even: if you were in the same scenario, (just put it on the same day and it rounded) I'm sure you would want warrenty. Also we don't have the money like you may have.

Push the allen key in further. It goes in about 8mil

Sam

EXACTLY.......Not a single person ever bloody realise's that the depth of the DMR bolt is unreal, there is no way on earth you can round that bolt off......unless your a complete twod....

EXACTLY.......Not a single person ever bloody realise's that the depth of the DMR bolt is unreal, there is no way on earth you can round that bolt off......unless your a complete twod....

You say that, but I have tried pushing my allen key in further - It doesn't happen. Not with my bolt anyway. At least not without the help of a drill :o

I rounded my bolt aswell. First bolt i've rounded EVER, and it's deep as a very deep thing.

Stupid DMR. I just drilled and threaded a steel M6 allen bolt into it. Looks crap, but then again, the 'seekers are crap.

i had the same problem with mine, within a couple of days of using it. I emailed the company (crc) asking for a new bolt but they did not reply, probably because so many people have emailed them with the same problem, so i managed to find two on ebay that i bought for £3, i heard the bolt is made out of soft aluminium to make it lighter, but easily gets ripped to pieces, so it is not the users fault at all you big headed b******s, as lots of people have had this problem, its obviously a fault in the product. >_<

i had the same problem with mine, within a couple of days of using it. I emailed the company (crc) asking for a new bolt but they did not reply, probably because so many people have emailed them with the same problem, so i managed to find two on ebay that i bought for £3, i heard the bolt is made out of soft aluminium to make it lighter, but easily gets ripped to pieces, so it is not the users fault at all you big headed b******s, as lots of people have had this problem, its obviously a fault in the product. >_<