Zoo Pads

sammerz

a03065.gif

I use this stuff on my smooth Echo mod rim with ZOO! pads. It is CRC Belt spray that increases friction.

I gives SUPERB modulation, grip, lock on... the best brake power solution!

A can of this last forever and it is very easy to apply onto the rim. Just spray some of it to a papertowel and then spread it onto the brake surface.

It lastes longer than some good quality tar/bitum.

Edited by Da Make

a03065.gif

I use this stuff on my smooth Echo mod rim with ZOO! pads. It is CRC Belt spray that increases friction.

I gives SUPERB modulation, grip, lock on... the best brake power solution!

A can of this last forever and it is very easy to apply onto the rim. Just spray some of it to a papertowel and then spread it onto the brake surface.

It lastes longer than some good quality tar/bitum.

Yeh but whats it like when its wet?

I use zoo pads on a smooth koxx rim and they bite very well, just when theyre wet that they turn crap. Im grindin soon though just to see if theyll be better.

Yeh but whats it like when its wet?

"*Tacky, non-drying, water-resistant film minimizes drive belt slippage, resists water wash-off, maintains belt flexibility and prevents loads from slipping on conveyor systems." -States on the can.

I live in Finland, we have still loads of snow this time and it doesn't affect to my braking at all even if I get my rim really wet.

Wow, that stuff sounds interesting. Anyone else use it?

I'm mainly interested because I do streety-type mod trials, on SMOOTH rims (i hate grinds lol). So I want modulation for manuals, etc, but I still like to do a lot of power moves so need really good biting brakes. At the moment I use tar with crap pads, it bites insanely, but has no modulation at all.

So what setup would you reccomend me using on a smooth rim for modulation AND very good lock?

Would you reccomend me using that spray stuff? with what pads? And how much does it cost?

Cheers

Would you reccomend me using that spray stuff? with what pads? And how much does it cost?

Cheers

It's about £5 or cheaper. Use some harder compond pads if good modultion is desired by sacrificing bit of lock. KOXX BLOXX will do. You only need very slight amount of this stuff. It is easily removed with either some acetone or CRC Brakecleaner.

i ve been running them on the front and they are bloody amazing to be honest. Its quite sickening how well they have been working for me on the front. Ive wipped them on to the back to see how well they were work there. But for the front deffo amazing thats on a very very very light grind.

Thanks, so where can you get these things?

Does it still keep a good lock when u need it for big stuff, no chance of brake slip, etc?

Cheers

CRC pruducts are available from most good gas stations and DIY shops. KOXX BLOXX brake pads are available from your Koxx/TryAll dealer.

Brakes with CRC Belt spray on the braking surface have no change of accidently slip anything. All my experiences are very positive. Just today when me and my friend were riding outside and swapped bikes for a moment my friend said: "What the heck! Your brake locks directly! So powerfull! Can you treat my rim also?"

Try it!

Does anyone knoe if Zoo pads work better with or without a grind? :">

All pads work better with a grind.

The wear rate is a different matter, because the zoo pads are soft, i would only run them on a very light grind at the most.

(Y)

Zoo! pads are made for a smooth rim, i have a koxx/try-all smooth rim on my planet-x zebdi and i have had my zoo! pads about 2 weeks, their absolutely the shit! Such an amazing lock. Best pads i've used by far!

I'd recommend them to anyone

Also on a smooth rim the wear rate after 2 weeks, they havent worn down at all!

Edited by roozor